DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Nynaeve

What made you smile today?

Making this: "A scholarship that focuses only on why the Vikings left fails to imagine the Scandinavian aggressor not merely as one who leaves but more importantly as one who goes. Moreover, if the question studied is consistently why the Vikings left, that implies a kind of victimhood, suggesting that they were cast out onto the seas by wide-ranging factors beyond their control."

Into this: "A scholarship that focuses only on why the Vikings left their homelands, fails to imagine the Scandinavian aggressor not merely as one who leaves but more importantly as one who goes.  Moreover, if the question studied is consistently the resulting lack of agency, this establishes a kind of victimhood, suggesting the aggressors were cast out onto the seas by wide-ranging factors beyond their control.”

Academic jargon.  It's crazy.

A co-worker told me today they appreciated me 🥰. I don't always feel that, so it was nice to hear.

Awww that's lovely phaedra! One might know it deep down,  but it's still nice to know others see your hard work and value it too🤗

13 hours ago, LilyElizabeth said:

I asked my supervisor for a pep talk today and she complied. She told me I was amazing! 

Um, because you are? 😍

35 minutes ago, LilyElizabeth said:

You're so sweet.

Nice, yes. Sweet...not so much 😈.

I started trotting yesterday, my trainer said

My tush would hurt today, but it doesn't!😁😁😁 I has a happy 😊

32 minutes ago, Lavandula said:

I started trotting yesterday, my trainer said

My tush would hurt today, but it doesn't!😁😁😁 I has a happy 😊

That's awesome! I'm working on trotting too, though I will say I'm a total fan of a gaited horse!

I have no idea what that means lol, I love riding zig zag and loops around cones.

I'm having troubles remember to do everything correct while trotting though, so I have to hold on to the saddle with one hand so I do not pull the rains (poor horsie), it's so much...heels down, squeeze legs, don't squeeze knees, heavy tushy, straight back, look forward..did I mention I got hight fright haha? I'm freaking proud of myself! 

On 10/10/2020 at 1:05 AM, Lavandula said:

I have no idea what that means lol, I love riding zig zag and loops around cones.

I'm having troubles remember to do everything correct while trotting though, so I have to hold on to the saddle with one hand so I do not pull the rains (poor horsie), it's so much...heels down, squeeze legs, don't squeeze knees, heavy tushy, straight back, look forward..did I mention I got hight fright haha? I'm freaking proud of myself! 

I was surprised how physical riding actually is. It's like a regular workout at the gym! A horse that is gaited means it's trot doesn't make you bounce around like a regular horse. Since I'm not really cantering, much less galloping, I don't know if the no-bouncing continues into those faster speeds, but at least in a trot, it's a smooth ride. VERY nice. You'd love it.

Yeah mine definetly don't got that lol. If I do not remember to sit absolutely correctly with every bodypart at every second I will bounce of.. Yeah it's very good excercise!

its basically horsebreeds that has 4 types of speed, a trait that was breed out of many breeds or lost due to lack of need for it over time

generally horses go

walking

trott/canter

gallop

gaited horses has a "speed" that usually place between walking and trotting, its also refered to as ambling, there several types of these and they variate between the breeds, some breeds do fox trott, others running walk, tölt, revaal, racking beeing some of them..so if you into horses somewhat you probably stumbled upon one of them which will just depend on which breeds are normal where you are at

Edited by Liitha

People on dm made me smile today (well more laugh but whatever), and waffles, and the new arts club😃

3 hours ago, LilyElizabeth said:

I have a new mintee and this one looks like he's going to stick around. (I have really bad luck with them.)

Congrats on the mintee, seems nice, fingers crossed for you 😃

New Mentee!! Congratulations!! 

I didn't lose my temper with my son during school this week! AND we all survived assessments. We'll see how it will go when we sit down with the teachers in a week or so, but from what I can tell, they did well, especially in reading. 

My son learned that he actually CAN read, just not everything, but just enough to enjoy a story. 😄

It made it a very good week, stressful, but validating.