DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
JamesBrown

Who Stands Ready as a Candidate for Manshima - haycraftd

The Algai haycraftd has met the requirements to be promoted to Manshima and may post his Declarations when ready!

(Hold your congratulations until after the Declarations have been posted! Thank you!)

The Declarations take three parts:

Declaration of Self:

Post a few sentences to a paragraph about who you are. Why did you start reading WoT? How did you find DM? Feel free to add anything you think will be interesting or meaningful.

Declaration of Commitment:

Post a few sentences to a paragraph about your time as a Algai. What projects have you done? Have you made any friends? Please share with us your memorable moments.

Declaration of Intent:

Post a few sentences to a paragraph about what your plans are as a Manshima and Der’manshima. What projects are you planning to do? Have you gotten involved with a Community Discipline? Please share with us your future goals and plans.

Posted (edited)

Thanks!

Post a few sentences to a paragraph about who you are. Why did you start reading WoT? How did you find DM? Feel free to add anything you think will be interesting or meaningful.

Well, I'm haycraftd, and I started reading the WoT when I was 14.  I was gobbling up fantasy at the time, found WoT, and couldn't get away from it.  I only joined DM a little more than year ago, while listening to the WoT this go round, through many Google searches and a former friend on Facebook liked it, she was RJ's niece.  So I decided to join up and see how everything works.

Now, I'm a PhD candidate in my final year here at the University of Edinburgh.  Some of you all might have seen me write about it.  It's been a strange journey, but it all works.

Post a few sentences to a paragraph about your time as a Algai. What projects have you done? Have you made any friends? Please share with us your memorable moments. 

This has been a journey too, and it's been fun.  I think I've made a few friends here.  But I've been involved in several projects--I especially remember dancing in the Whites' ball--(that was fun)--and posting the Tale Behind Mardi Gras.  I was having sooo much trouble before I posted it.  I couldn't delete one of the pictures underneath--one of Chewbaccus's parades--but I think that worked out alright.  Thanks for reading it!  And thanks for reading my case study, especially Mother!  @Elgee   

Post a few sentences to a paragraph about what your plans are as a Manshima and Der’manshima. What projects are you planning to do? Have you gotten involved with a Community Discipline? Please share with us your future goals and plans.

As far as it goes, I'm happy to help.  I know you all are having a difficult time remodeling the Tower, and so I'm not exactly sure what to say because I'm not sure of the Tower's plans yet. But I plan on sticking around, helping out, and rising.  I haven't decided what discipline yet, but I'm thinking.

Edited by haycraftd

Congratulations to you, haycraftd. You are now one step closer to Der'Manshima.

royal-knights-sword.thumb.jpg.1e303fd43001e41bf22e531982eae208.jpg

You are hereby awarded your Manshima sword. Keep it ever sharp, every ready, and ever true. You carry the honor of the White Tower on its blade.

Ceremony observers are now free to offer congratulations and well wishes. 

Congratulations haycraftd!! 

*showers edible red confetti everywhere*

Wheee! Congratulations! :laugh: 

*Snoopy Dances™ around the room*

*offers cookies to everyone*

Right, enough of that. Back to work, no slacking. Another rank to get yet. :wink:

Congratulations, Haycraftd!  I'm sure you'll do James proud 😁

Also ... I hereby dub you Master of the Kaf! Aka Mothers' Little Helper.

And no, not this one:

Posted (edited)

Thanks!  But wait a sec., Mummy.  You need to knight me, and then we can start celebrating for real.

Thanks, James.

861438292_GeraltRoche.gif.1e8e77bbdd89b69a32ba3b454ddaa430.gif

So Mummy, here's my sword...

1174763354_Geraltdrawingsword.gif.014c8fc7d7d7b575424b5ea6e5c5f023.gif 

witcher 3 empire GIF

Now you can knight me, go on:

media GIF

Now let's start dancing!

Geralt_dancing.gif.89118b080a9caa713409dbba2dcf4cf2.gif

Edited by haycraftd

*Looks around sheepishly, shifting feet* ... uhm ... since the last ... incident ... I'm not supposed to wield any sharp implement bigger than my belt knife. Something about "poor aim" and "getting distracted half-way through swinging". I still say the Yellows should know how to grow ears back *sniffs*

But I'll give you a huge big snugglebite instead! Then you'll be BloodKnighted, but in a good way!

And that's why she's the Amyrlin Seat. She finds all the solutions to these little problems. 

Mother, these are reasons why you are the ideal Amyrlin Seat. Congrats, haycraftd. It was a great ceremony. Eagerly anticipating your continued advancement.

Thanks!

I just posted a topic over in the Warder's Yard you haven't heard about from me in a while.  I thought it might be good to post it as its own topic this time round--I took over the Blade's End Tavern last time.  :smile:

It kept the place alive, at least ... haha

Congrats on being the first ceremony in the new shiny Tower!

21 hours ago, blank said:

Congrats on being the first ceremony in the new shiny Tower!

Oh my word, yes! That's just awesome *grins*