DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Podcasts and YT channels

Niniel

Do you have any favourite podcasts or YouTube channels that you like to listen to? I thought it would be fun to see what you are listening to and maybe find something new. 

My favourites are all ASOIAF related. I´m listening to everything from History of Westeros, Radio Westeros and Alt Shift X. Then there are some other ASOIAF related podcasts that I listen to when I have the time or if I´m bored. ? 

I have listened to Chris Shelton lately. He mostly talk about scientology stuff (he is an ex-scientologist) but also other things.

I like Chris Stuckmann´s movie rewievs. I watch New Rockstars from time to time. Mostly when they talk about MCU or Star Wars.

Last summer my daughter listened to a podcast that was all about kidnappings and massmurders. That was not my cup of tea. It´s easy to get stuck in stories about evil but it was just too much learning about all the details of every kidnapping. 

Image result for sunlight

Edited by Niniel

I'm also a long time History of Westeros/Radio Westeros fan...  (And Alt-Shift-X when it's ASoIaF related)

Other podcasts I've been loving:
Not A Podcast ASoIaF (A Song of Ice and Fire chapter-by-chapter reread)

WoT Spoilers (Wheel of Time reread - in depth with spoilers)

Mistborn Spoilers (same guys, obv, but with Sanderson's Mistborn series)

The Legendarium Podcast (lots of Fantasy and a smattering of sci fi and pop culture)

The Wheel Weaves Podcast (Wheel of Time first readthrough)

Current favorite YouTube channels:

Passion of the Nerd (Buffy/Angel/Firefly episode guides + movie reviews)

Daniel Greene (fantasy book reviews/news & discussion on adaptations)
Nae'Blis (in depth Wheel of Time stuff)

Emergency Awesome (news and reviews for all things geek media)

Dominic Noble (compares books with their film/TV adaptations, hilariously)

Merphy Napier (another great book YouTuber who also does audiobook narration)

Emily Noel (beauty and lifestyle videos)

Jessica Braun (another beauty/lifestyle channel)

Cindy Guentert-Baldo (planning/lettering/art/NSFW language)

Plant Based Bride (bullet journaling!)

Boyce Avenue (amazing cover songs and original music)

I've got a buuuunch more subscriptions, but these have been the ones I tend to watch everything they release.

The Legendarium is pretty good. For ASOIAF and GoT, Binge Mode and Boars, Gore and Swords are my favorites. I enjoy WoT Spoilers, and I had been enjoying TWoTcast until they caught up to where I am on my current reread, so I decided to put them on hold for a bit.

The episodes don't strictly stick to the chapter at hand.  The usual flow is starting with a question from one of their Patreon supporters (and those could be about ANYTHING related to ASoIaF or the TV series), then Jeff (BryndenBFish) will do the chapter summary, which is fairly detailed.  Emmett (PoorQuentyn) will then get into a discussion of the underlying themes of the book/series and how the events or characters of that chapter play into it.  Then there's normally a discussion about theories for the story going forward...

The episodes are definitely long but there's a great deal of depth to them. 

I remember when Tress suggested taking a look at History of Westeros. I thought it was riddiculous to talk about a single house in the ASOIAF for two hours. But it only took me one episode and then I was stuck. ? (That said, sometimes they get a little too chatty.)

Eh, yeah, I guess WoT Spoilers are more often about an hour, although they have 1-1/2 to 2 hours every now and then.

NotACast is usually closer to 1-1/2 hours and can get to 2 hours or more occasionally.  But the analysis and theory discussions are pretty deep and interesting (at least from a hardcore fan perspective).