DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Jaimelai

Cast announced!

An interesting set of actors announced today for the new TV series.  It looks like they are all pretty qualified and talented, though we'll have to see how well they play off each other.  Interested on seeing Lan and Thom, but the big question remains, who will play Loial?

Andy serkis?  I hope they do go with a real actor and just use forced perspective. The rest of the cast looks fine. I don't know that any of them is known for anything yet, but that's as expected.

I'm really pleased with the casting so far. Barney Harris was inspired casting for Mat in particular. The others look nothing like I imagined them but I was prepared for that. The same happened with GoT and now I can't imagine anyone else playing the characters. All depends on the quality of the acting. At least they all have good, solid credentials, some critically acclaimed even, without being overly associated with any other brand.

Also pleased with Rosamund Pike as Moiraine, very believable. Interesting to see that she's a producer on the series too. I've been trying to imagine who would work as Loial and I'm drawing a complete blank.

I don't know either.  Sometimes I think a spruced up Hagrid and other times a CGI Andy Serkins performance. We'll see how it goes.

I think Robbie Coltrane's too old to carry off Loial now. But he could probably do a wicked Elder Haman.

On 8/15/2019 at 1:53 AM, Jaimelai said:

An interesting set of actors announced today for the new TV series.  It looks like they are all pretty qualified and talented, though we'll have to see how well they play off each other.  Interested on seeing Lan and Thom, but the big question remains, who will play Loial?

Yes Jaim, they have certainly searched far and wide for talented young actors. At least they have good reputations, though I haven't seen anything with any them.

The more I think (or worry) about it, the more I realize that the success of the whole series depends on how they cast Loial (at least to me):

ogier.JPG.4143a08ba3afba2a268b63ff1ca72abc.JPG

or

download.jpg.6c80d0a2c2601a6d7aead9bd72eece98.jpg