DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

On 8/10/2019 at 7:58 PM, Mrs. Cindy Gill said:

Pizza good. Pineapple good.

Both of those statements I 100% agree with. I just firmly believe that pineapple (along with certain other fruits and some vegetables) should never be cooked in any way. And I shudder at the idea of combining that flavor with a tomato based suace. But then, I like to dip Nestle Crunch bars into 7-11 nacho cheese sauce.

On 8/10/2019 at 8:26 PM, Zorlon said:

Strangely though, I have found that powdered garlic added to milk is not actually unpleasant.

I don't know what to say.? 

(Although I do notice a very Aes Sedai-like avoidance of saying its good)

Edited by imlad

22 hours ago, Mrs. Cindy Gill said:

aside from that it's fine to say you don't like something, but it's a different thing to say it should be forbidden.

5 hours ago, KingRodel said:

Pineapple on pizza should probably be a crime.

There is a thing called hyperbole, and I'm often guilty of it, I admit. And apparently, so are others (I mean, it is the internet afterall?)

On 8/13/2019 at 4:05 PM, KingRodel said:

Pineapple on pizza should probably be a crime.

That's a concept I can absolutely get behind. I loathe pineapple. Of course I'm not a fan of tomato paste/sauce either so I don't like traditional pizza. Thankfully some very kind people have started making garlic base pizzas and those, I absolutely adore. But not with pineapple! Or any other kind of fruit for that matter. 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Effete said:

People: "I don't want fruit on my pizza."

Me: "Um... tomatoes are a fruit...

Tomato is botanically a fruit, but nutritionally a vegetable.  Same thing with green beans, actually.  I guess it depends on who's making the argument, heh.

• Community Administrator
1 hour ago, Verbal32 said:

Tomato is botanically a fruit, but nutritionally a vegetable.  Same thing with green beans, actually.  I guess it depends on who's making the argument, heh.

What trips me out is that Egg Plants, Tomatoes, Peppers, and Potatoes are all in the Nightshade family of flower plants. (Potatoes even grow a poisonous fruit!)

23 hours ago, SinisterDeath said:

What trips me out is that Egg Plants, Tomatoes, Peppers, and Potatoes are all in the Nightshade family of flower plants. (Potatoes even grow a poisonous fruit!)

If that trips you up, this will probably blow your mind...

7 minutes ago, imlad said:

If that trips you up, this will probably blow your mind...

Nah, that I knew.

It just gets me that a Potato is a Tuber, and a Tomato is a Fruit. You eat two completely different parts of closely related plants!
Course, there is this.
Image result for dragon tail radish

Dragon Tail Radish.
This Radish you don't eat the root, you eat the seed pod! (I didn't even know about radish seed pods until I let one stay in the garden too long. :wink:

• 3 years later...
  • RP - PLAYER

Beetroot is fantastic in nearly every application - that I have tried at least. 

Threads like these always make wince a little, after reading that a major red flag on dating profiles are people that list whether they like pineapple on pizza in their profiles as this indicates a complete lack of personality or even the understanding of what one is. I must say I don't fully agree with this, but it has definitely made me wary about expressing an opinion on the matter in public, lol.

Edited by HeavyHalfMoonBlade

Give me my pineapple and ham pizza! With thin, streaky bacon and roasted red peppers please! 😋

Now, what I cannot get my head around is sweet corn on pizza. That's just weird! :blink:

On 1/21/2024 at 9:29 AM, Delenn said:

Give me my pineapple and ham pizza! With thin, streaky bacon and roasted red peppers please! 😋

Now, what I cannot get my head around is sweet corn on pizza. That's just weird! :blink:

Like, the whole dang sweet corn on the cob? 

2 hours ago, SinisterDeath said:

Like, the whole dang sweet corn on the cob? 

Boiled & sliced off the cob but yep, you got the idea. 

It is possible this alone will send me to therapy. :blink: