DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Ryrin

I have an idea.

Novices are required to keep a kitten in every post for a week? ?

I saw the read tread its already massive especially on phones for scrolling its a nightmare, it does not need to be longer. Who leads and is sitter of ajah can be posted in ajah info tread so you can find it if you need it aka you got questions, its not something you have to need otherwise really...

Due to my years on DM learning about web pages structure and such I been able to give feedback on webpage building at work and got picked up to help out, but we also got explained a bit of how things changed and one of the major issues is setting up an easy streamline setting to get you too the info you need within 2-3 clicks not detail level but generic area of theme...because thats how long people are willing too use, without needing to scroll and mobile friendly. When people got to the general subject they seek they have more time.

The problem is if you are going to have 5 main pointers there are going to be 50 sugestions for it and all of them are the most important...the main work of the group becomes then to sort whats the most important to most people not those working with it and having special interest. And then make a descision and say no you will not get a own pointer there will not be more then 5 people do understand to find your field they have to go into that header, but if thats not what they are looking for puting in more pointers make it harder for them to find the area they need because you get clutter.

So maybe apply that logic to pick out what to cover in classes and for gaining points, because while part of me read this and go like dont get the complaint we used months, I got a wot book looking like a study manual with all the tags and post its sticking out from just one of the things I had to do to get raised, the logical side of me agrees most of the new generation is not going to want to spend a year making it to full rank.

Okay, we have a new recruit--Lavandula.

She's R&U the initial thread and has participated in some of the game threads in the Warder's Yard. 

I still feel like we're in the discussion phase of "what are we gonna do with all these recruits?" I've sent here a PM to welcome her to the WT and invited her to visit the Ajahs to introduce him/herself. 

What's next?

Maybe until we have the kinks ironed out encourage general exploration and posting where they can and where they want, get a general idea of what's what and ask questions if they have them? 

thats what I naturally do and I think that'll end up being the intro period anyway?

General participation for the moment. Definitely advice that The Tower is in transition, but we welcome her.

At this point, normally we would have a teacher and class. Since that portion is being ironed out, perhaps offer a "guide" that can be another contact to help answer questions.

Obviously, we want to be as inviting and helpful as we can as she explores, as we progress on establishing the new streamlined process.

I sent a PM to Lavandula, welcoming her to the WT, and recommended exactly that. Purposely explore all Ajahs, introduce themselves, and ask questions.

Honestly, at this point there is mroe than enough information and feedback for You (James) and Elgee and the various Heads to collectively build a process. I'm not sure what else to add without building the full process in addition to...

Yes thanks I think we can take this to the staff board now.

On 8/22/2019 at 5:38 AM, Dar'Jen Ab Owain said:

I think there should be something to earn, and thus be proud to have accomplished. It is finding a home within the White Tower.

If it's just a matter of pick an Ajah or become a Warder, then RP club may be best suited for them. But to be a part of a real community, I think there should be some path to follow.

With that said, I think it can be a simple path, but there should still be effort and an opportunity to explore to find their home. The initial class is a good intro. Having a mentor is a liaison to the Tower and understanding the process. There needs to be visiting and an opportunity to go more in-depth with top choices so they can find their home. The previous points could have been a bit daunting. So we need the process, but keep it simple and straight forward.

Hope that makes sense.

I'm glad I joined The Tower when I did as my advancement felt like an accomplishment. However we revamp the process, there still needs to be that sense if making an effort and advancing so it can be a meaningful experience and accomplishment.

I totally agree here. It is something to earn and almost every single WoT website currently and in the past requires ranks to be earned.

We are not, never have been, nor should be, just a social media App where people come to hang out. There are plenty of places already for that.

Much of the attraction of a site such as this is to operate within a framework of the books. It will only get greater as the TV show gets aired. 

Anyway, my opinion.