DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Ryrin

I have an idea.

Remember how all events were held in Tar Valon? Why don't we (when we get back to doing special things) hold them in the main Tower forum where everyone can see them? The old boards were not visible unless you were a member. I think people being able to see things would make them more likely to join.

Merging the conversations, and using a separate board for 'official' business, such as raisings, updates, role call, etc. may be a better use of our space. 

It's probable to instead break down our 'forums' based on what we need: Conversation, Rank Groups (one thread each?), Raising Tracking, and Official Business (Sitters/HoA/Captains) - with a Read-Me topic for people to R&R to that any can read, but ranks required to post?? I dunno. It's been forever since I've seen the upper ranks to remember how it all works - especially now that Ajah's don't have their own "Club".

Ry, the old Tar Valon board was open to the whole of DM. As we currently stand, people would have to join the WT/W club to see or join in anything. I don't like that, but it is what it is ... *le sigh*

Arie, you raise some interesting ideas that I'll look into as soon as I can - give me a nudge if I've not responded here in a week, please!

Just a note: All the Ajahs and the Warders WILL have their own public board here AND their own private board (separate club, invite only). We're just sorting out the logistics on the staff board.

I think it needs to be revised. Obviously we aren’t having events and some Ajah’s have very little activity. 

Yeah you're right, Ryrin. Maybe we should make it something simple like you have to participate at each Ajah/Warders a certain amount of times to gain a rank?

And where an Ajah isn't active, they must do something that is that Ajah appropriate.

as long as we all agree on the general scope of the tasks, so we don't inadvertently make it 'easier' to get the credit for  one compared to another.

It might be good if they could come up with their own task: start them thinking of what is most appropriate and really get to know the different ajah's / disciplines. Though of course with people on hand to give ideas / set a task if they need help.

thinking of their own added atop of what the ajah does. my concern is that we don't make it too easy and they don't get the time and process needed to truly pick which ajah is best for them

There definitely needs to be time and participation to allow one to truly decide where their home should be. I liked the process we had, but obviously with the new circumstances, that needs to be rewritten. Are we still keeping a class and a mentor? Those were a good introduction and provided contacts for questions.

I think participating in the events needs to be deleted. They need to participate in the Warders too. Maybe a very basic class on who is who.

when the TV show hits we will get new members and I think we need to revise it but not make it too easy. Plus we want people to find their true home.

On 8/4/2019 at 1:20 PM, Elgee said:

As we currently stand, people would have to join the WT/W club to see or join in anything. I don't like that, but it is what it is ... *le sigh*

Only if they actually want to post. I can enter the Black Tower, by clicking the Club name rather than the Join banner, and read everything without being a member. I just can't reply to threads. 

23 hours ago, Taymist said:

Only if they actually want to post. I can enter the Black Tower, by clicking the Club name rather than the Join banner, and read everything without being a member. I just can't reply to threads. 

Well that's not so bad, then!

@Elgee

Arie got distracted and the clubs are a lot of clicks away.. >.> But i'm up for full on brainstorming. Structure and process are kind of my brain-candy these days.  >.> 

As for giving Ajah's a 'task'.. I will forwarn that as good of an idea as it is, new people coming in may not choose an ajah that fits them if the task doesn't suit what they like. Thinking forward, you're almost better off having titled roles and let people wear their colored banners then just label an ajah. (Although I don't mind being keeper of the spiked tea's because.. booze?)

much of the previous set up works for getting to know the ajahs. save for the events that at the moment don’t work well. requiring a newbie to spend time in an ajah, talking to the members. maybe even mentoring under a member from each ajah for like a week each. could go a long way

Edited by Cross

Part of it is also -we- need to figure out how we want our current process to work. This is genuinely, yet another, "Breaking" soo... if we want to re-work the system to work with our numbers and set up, now is when to do it.

It's just depends on what we feel is essential to keep and what we want to merge, etc. 

9 hours ago, Cross said:

much of the previous set up works for getting to know the ajahs. save for the events that at the moment don’t work well. requiring a newbie to spend time in an ajah, talking to the members. maybe even mentoring under a member from each ajah for like a week each. could go a long way

I agree.

It is worth keeping, absolutely! The Ajahs will likely be more public now as a club too, those of us that are active... mentorship is always a tradition I want to see.

On 8/7/2019 at 8:56 PM, Arie said:

As for giving Ajah's a 'task'.. I will forwarn that as good of an idea as it is, new people coming in may not choose an ajah that fits them if the task doesn't suit what they like. Thinking forward, you're almost better off having titled roles and let people wear their colored banners then just label an ajah. (Although I don't mind being keeper of the spiked tea's because.. booze?)

... que?

Having the candidates create a thread for the individual Ajahs' public boards within a topic that suits that Ajah and host that for a set amount of time might be a good task? We could create a list perhaps together of various topics and separate them by Ajah.