DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

August Chitter Chatter (2019)

Ryrin

Thank you, ladies. It was a successful move. Yes, it was hot and sunny, and unfortunately his dorm had no elevators, but we got him moved in around an hour. I just called it a good workout (heavy lifting, time on the stairmaster, some light cardio) followed by a relaxing shower afterwards. 

Now it's back to just the two of us, puttering around the house, trying not to get in each other's way, enjoying each other's company. It's not the first time we've been empty-nesters, so there's no syndrome effects. Just peace and quiet.

• Club Leader

We've had a change of plans on the car. He wants to get a secure credit card and start building some credit and then try in 6 months to get financing. I think that's a smart move. 

In other news, I'm so excited about my class this semester! I'm taking abnormal psych. I didn't realize what it was about when I signed up. I only signed up because I like the professor and hey, a psych credit is a psych credit. It's about all the things I deal with at work - ADHD, autism, bipolar disorder, etc. This will be fun!

Hello! I am.... kermit flailing? ? The beginning of the school year is always a bit hectic. This year I picked up two extra sections of English 10 on top of having every 11th grader in the district, while we hire a new English teacher (who they have finally found and we have a first-day on the job!). So I have 200+ students at the moment, and I'm in charge of coordinating our big Back To School Bash. On top of Stewarding our SCA Kingdom 40th Anniversary event (which is in just over 3 weeks!). So I am in full on power-coordinator mode for that too. 

It's all mostly things that are generally fun, but at the moment are also just a whole lot of work and I am glad I am much better at juggling to-do lists than balls! 

Oh, and my son's 14th Birthday is coming up on Saturday, so working on that too! (I have no IDEA what my husband and I are doing for our 18th Wedding Anniversary next Monday yet. I may just let him plan it. ? ). 

SCA events can take a lot of planning and work.

Well, our watermelons are good! It was so hot today we couldn't move. Stayed home and binged on Netflix.

My oldest son's labs and ultrasounds were good but his ENT-Oncologist wanted him to have another radioactive iodine treatment to "be aggressive."

He had it and it made him exhausted and sick. However, his whole body scan came back with no sign of cancer!  His fiancé planned a really nice weekend for them. They drove to Portland this last weekend and stayed in a nice hotel. She booked massages. He was texting us on and off on what a wonderful time they had and how they might want to relocate there!

Edited by Ryrin

That's great news about your son, Ryrin. Great news.

LadyWordSmith, I didn't realize you were involved with SCA as well. What kingdom do you serve? Years ago I befriended a coworker who was active, and he invited me to some events in Ansteorra. I didn't have the time to get more involved, but I was kicking myself that I hadn't heard of SCA while I was in college. I would have jumped onto that with both feet.

1 hour ago, JamesBrown said:

LadyWordSmith, I didn't realize you were involved with SCA as well. What kingdom do you serve? Years ago I befriended a coworker who was active, and he invited me to some events in Ansteorra. I didn't have the time to get more involved, but I was kicking myself that I hadn't heard of SCA while I was in college. I would have jumped onto that with both feet.

I am an Ansteorran as well! I have been active in the SCA for a little over 20 years (with varying levels, as I work in education and was doing Graduate work during part of it). 

Oh my. Is it possible you are acquainted with Wolf? His real-world name is D. Turnage. Twenty years ago he was noteworthy for fighting with two swords. I believe he lives in Fort Worth now. 

What is your focus in SCA? Arts and Sciences, or the Martial Arts? Have you held any positions of authority?

Yes, I am acquainted with Master Airaklee Wolf! A most excellent gentleman. 

I am primarily an artisan: illuminator, bard, cook, though I do some Equestrian (I do not have my own horse so this is at the kindness of others willing to let me ride theirs), and sometimes archery. I have been a local, regional, and Kingdom officer in several different offices. I also do a lot of Event Stewarding (which is how I ended up with the current job). 

• Club Leader

That's excellent, Ryrin! Invite them to DM. lol

So, my realtor is putting my mom's house on Open House today. Here's hoping we get a good offer. The reverse mortgage company knows she's gone and has given us 30 days before they start foreclosure. I can get an extension, so I will do that. This is all such a big headache. Thank God for my attorney and realtor. They are taking so much of the pressure off of me. 

Best way to recruit people. Common interests. ?

Good luck on the house Sale! I hope you don't have to deal with any of the crap we did with ours. 

I'm playing classic wow. and reconnecting with old friends. Mostly i'm just excited that the kids go back to school on wednesday.