DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

August Chitter Chatter (2019)

Ryrin

The record temps we had here last week have died down a bit to be replaced by rain, intermittent thunderstorms, gusty winds and a chance of more rain. So pretty much a typical Scottish summer. :happy: We know where we are with rain.... sun and heat, not so much. :unsure:

Oh, I would 'love' a typical Scottish summer. I'm glad it's cooled off for you!  We have Oklahoma summer. It's actually been "unseasonably cool" the past few days (IE it's only broken 100 Fahrenheit with the Heat Index instead of on the mercury). Which wouldn't be so bad, except our air conditioner has died, and it's going to be several days before we get a replacement. It's so hot the fur on my cats is curling! Thankfully we have tile floors on concrete slab, so the floors are a little bit cool and the animals are sprawled out across them like living throw rugs. 

We're getting creative and building swamp coolers tonight! Also broke out every fan in the house and are praying that we get the thunderstorms they're predicting. Might bring things down into the 70s overnight at least. Thankfully we have plenty of cold water (and tea) in the refrigerator. The plan for this weekend is 'sit tight and try and keep things from getting hotter.' ?

Edited by LadyWordsmith

• Club Leader

Nothing is worse than your A/C going out during a heat wave. I feel your pain. I have one more week until my car A/C is running like it should. I had to wait a payday to be able to afford it. We're under an extreme heat warning this weekend. 

23 hours ago, Arie said:

I have escaped the heeeaaaat!!! 
Oregon is lovely and there is so much Camping in the area. It's hard to decide where to go first - aside that i have no camping gear. >.>

Are you visiting or moving?

Moved indeed! ? It's been a few months now? though it feels like an old hat in some time. 

It's so niiiiiiice! Sure the grass pollen has it's moments, but i'm not cook physically, just comfortably BBQing outside... 

Oy Lily, that's an early IEP meeting! I guess that was the only time the parents were available? 

Hooray for your AC being fixed! ?

That sounds like an awesome day at the lake, Ryrin! 

Today was first day back of the school year and it was insane! (Good, but insane). I am currently covering extra sections of 10th grade on top of all of the 11th and AP Lang and Comp kids, because we are in the process of hiring an additional English teacher (due to growth, and one of our English teachers changing positions and becoming our second Counselor because our 'one' has been swamped trying to do everything on her own). They already have someone in mind, but have to finish all the hiring process work. Hoping they get the new person in quickly. The rest of the department is covering the classes, but it's been a bit of a scramble. ? It'll be a great situation once we get them in though (because the 2nd Counselor makes everyone's jobs easier too). 

Fortunately my son's first day as a HS Freshman was mellower than my teacher day. 

A little bit, but not too bad. He's not ready to grow up, but I know he's going to enjoy having a little more control over his course selections as he finishes his requirements. Oklahoma allows Students to take two years of Foreign Language 'or' two years of Computer/Tech Courses for "language" requirement. So this year he's going to be learning 2-D Animation and how to build websites from scratch using HTML the old fashioned way. For his art credit he's taking Digital Photography! 

• Club Leader

Car shopping was a complete disaster. Right off the bat we find something he absolutely loves. He couldn't get approved for financing. He was crushed. The next lot we went to had nothing that we even liked. The third lot (by now he is getting really tired and overheated and his autism-induced anger is taking over) tried to put him into this horrible Camry. The finance guy was all cheerful (Here you go! Your first car! Enjoy it, buddy!... stuff like that) which made him even more angry. What a huge waste of time! And of course, our stress levels are really high now. At least he's sleeping now. 

Good for you, James!

Edited by LilyElizabeth