DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Taymist

Phoenix Lounge XXIV

With everything going on, I thought it would be a good time to drop here because A) I seem to have some free time since my country went into lockdown (except the pending assignments), and B) I happen to be in the middle of the first Wheel of Time re-read I have done since aMoL came out. I thought I would just sneak in here to see what is happening (also because the lack of any RL activities make me miss the online things I loved).

So, hi!

Panchi!! *tacklesnugglebites*

It's really wonderful to see you again! Are you doing ok? How is the lockdown affecting you?

We're not allowed to go out of our houses at all except for medical emergencies and to buy food or medicine or other absolutely necessary supplies. It's a bit confusing and a bit stupid (can't walk alone outside, but can go to a shop and be in contact with thousands of people? That's just asinine!)

Hi Panchi!!!

How is it in your country? 

I’m on lockdown in California. I have one friend who I see. We just rototilled her garden and are going to grow stuff at our house too. My son and his girlfriend have a garden going at her house. 

I’ve been reading a lot and spending time with my dogs.

I am feeling better because of the free time due to the lockdown. Otherwise, my life had gotten pretty hectic. By the end of 2019, I was in a situation where at times I could get only 4 hours of sleep in 50 hours. That was combined with getting diagnosed with minor case of PCOD over summer. The medications caused some minor depression and body pains and were eventually discontinued because of side effects. My irregular sleep and high stress was not helping with the situation. I tried to decrease activities since the beginning of 2020, although I added learning tennis to my list but physical exercise was supposed to help with stress. Anyway, that was the situation before the COVID situation. Schools and colleges started closing down. My college closed down at a time when there was no case in the surrounding states but I took the opportunity to come back home and relax.

Now the country is in a lockdown at least till April 14 and we can't go out except for medical emergencies and groceries (my mother and my brother had medical emergencies just after lockdown was announced but they are well now). Here the shops are restricting how many people can be inside at one time and making everyone wait outside with enough distance between people.

I don't think my family is trying to grow anything in our garden. There are some monkeys in my areas who don't mind eating the whole produce or destroying it. And we have a little pet dog who would end up digging the plants out out of curiosity. 

Well, the rest and less stress is good. My older son is working from home and finally getting some rest as he doesn’t have the horrible commute in Seattle.

Goodness me it sounds like you have a lot going on, Panchi! It seems the lockdown came just in time to give you some much needed rest. I think many of us are seeing the positive aspects of this too. For me it's working fine, as I can work from home. 2 of my sisters are here with me so it's not lonely. I'm hoping that by next week my actual workload will have calmed down enough that I can grab a free day or 2 myself!

17 hours ago, Ryrin said:

I’m on lockdown in California. I have one friend who I see. We just rototilled her garden and are going to grow stuff at our house too. My son and his girlfriend have a garden going at her house. 

I really worry about you - things look absolutely crazy out there!

How are you managing to see a friend?

Also, what is rototilling?

It is. Rototilling is having a machine till the soil so you can plant things. 

I have one friend that I see. She’s isolating and I go over there.

I’m such an extrovert that this  is causing anxiety.

On the redder side of my life, my hair are now red (This is something I feel I need to say in a Red Ajah group 😛). The ends anyway although the colour is more like copper red than bright red. Just before situation got bad in the area I was in, my friend had decided that we needed something new in our lives which happened to be something new with hair so she turned hairstylist and experimented on me. Pretty happy with how it turned out 😀 

Oooh that sounds nice, Panchi! Can you post us a picture of your hair? Don't have to put your face in, if you don't want.

I've got some red dye here ... maybe I should colour mine red again?

I love copper brown so I’ll bet copper red looks really good.

Back:

uezbyR1ACTHjb_RzPNLygcA7g_qmrjOcqPA5_AVI

Front:

9uu7NCKacNXFY_UgB3P7oZMgugNUqpDyMxriW2J5

(Ignore the weird expression. I was tired waiting for my friend to click)

This looks more red in sunlight than it comes out in photo.

The pictures won't open 😞

Posted (edited)

They was there earlier, and looked really cool if I may say so! 

easter-egg-3232_1280.jpg

3. Here comes peter cottontail!

Edited by Lavandula

PANCHI! Damn girl. That sounds rough as hell. Well, I am glad you are finding SOME positive out of all this craziness. WIsh I could see the hair. SOunds great! Please, stay safe and be kind to yourself. 

I can’t see the pics!!!

Love the egg!

I can't see them either, but I'm sure your hair is pretty. 

Speaking of pretty, that's a pretty egg!

Urghh *flops onto a comfy sofa* ...just as I thought I was going to get peace and time to spend at DM, we have another family bereavement as the kid's grandpa passed away. Not the easiest thing to get through in the current situation with lockdown I can tell you. (It was not a virus related death I hasten to add.) Anyway, hoping I have some breathing space now.

Everyone well?

Gives Tay a big bearhugthingymcgoo..and serves her tea

Overall yeah, also there will be plenty to do in a couple weeks time. Warders and blues both got events 😉 so that should help distract from RL

*snugglenibbles* Sorry, Tay. It's good to see you again. I've been well, physical health wise at least. lol

On 5/18/2020 at 7:17 AM, Taymist said:

Urghh *flops onto a comfy sofa* ...just as I thought I was going to get peace and time to spend at DM, we have another family bereavement as the kid's grandpa passed away. Not the easiest thing to get through in the current situation with lockdown I can tell you. (It was not a virus related death I hasten to add.) Anyway, hoping I have some breathing space now.

Awww man that's so sad! *snugglebites*

On 5/20/2020 at 8:49 AM, Lavandula said:

Tay tay!!!!!!!

I missed yah!!!!!!!!!!!! 

giphy.gif

WHEN CAN I COME VISIT?????? @Taymist

I used to call her Taytay all the time! hahahaha

I’m so sorry, Tay.