DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

News: Changes in the BT

Niniel

This is a thread for those of you that were members in the Black Tower Social Group. As you can see, there have been some changes here at DM and in the BT recently. I would like to explain why there have been changes in the BT and, as good as I can, describe the reasons behind them.

If the only reasons for you coming to the BT are having fun, spamming, playing games, eating lots of tainted brownies etc, then there are really no changes except that you need to look for the BT Club, not BT Social Group. The core is still the same! 

The biggest difference between the social group and the club is that the club only has one board. There are no hidden boards (unless you have a big club with a lot of members). For us that means no Farmhouse, Arena, Faction boards etc. I think it´s good. This way we don´t get spread out too thin. The old BT wasn´t very active before the changes and the activity in the hidden boards was almost non-existent.

The second biggest change is the points system/ranks. I wanted an easier way to reach a new rank, so I chose to base ranks on points, and points only. I also wanted to have all the information here on DM. Our old off-page was hard to update, sometimes pages disappeared, and those who created it initially disappeared as well. Right now, everything except for the old points page is missing. Nikonis is looking into it. Things that are missing are for example the rollers that we used in OP Battles. Maybe we will find them or maybe we can make new. We´ll see. Anyway, since we don´t have them right now we don´t have any need for OP Levels. If we need them later on ... well let´s push that into the future. 

There are fewer ways to earn points now than earlier. That is why you need less points to reach a new rank now. But since I choose to change this, the points then and now are not "worth" as much. That is why I decided that all of our old members keep their ranks but not their points. Everyone gets the minimum amount of points for the rank they have. (Soldiers start with 30, dedicated with 90 etc.)

There is an extra rank - asha´man level 2. That is to bridge the gap a little between the ranks of asha´man and attack leader. 

Since there are no OP Battles for now we have no use for the angreals. But I will keep the old points page and if the OP Battles return then everyone will get their old angreals back. 

The factions will have one thread each from the start. Everything that was "faction specific" (like paladins, true power, chores etc) are gone. We start things over. We´ll see where that leads us. Maybe new discussions, games ... We make it the way we want to make it. Talk to your faction leaders if you have any suggestions.

The place is smaller and so is the staff. The staff now consist of a leader, an extra moderator and two faction leaders. 

Ehm... that might be it. I know that I can´t please everyone, and some of you might not like some of the changes. My ideas has been "back to basics" and "make it simple". In the end, it´s not rules and ranks that make us love this place, it´s all of it´s members. I have chose to not move threads from the Social Group but if there is an old thread that you really want me to move then let me know. I will try to find it. 

I will not change anything of the new stuff right away. We´ll need to try this now and see how it goes. But if you have any questions or suggestions then please let me know. You can always contact a staff member.

I don´t know what imaginary points means. (To me all are imaginary. lol)

I could add the angreals to the new points thread. I just figured I could wait since there are no OP Battles right now and that is the only time you need the angreals. I also got to find the place where it says what the angreals names are, their costs and what they do in OP Battles. It´s gone right now but Nikonis might find it. (I still have the old points page so the angreals are listed there, they are not gone.)