DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Welcome to the Black Tower!

Niniel

Hello @Caleb Ellis! My name is Asha'man Shar'aman, but if that's too long, you can call me Aman. I'm on book twelve too! Lava and I are really the only ones around right now, so its great that you joined! Hopefully you will enjoy your time at BT! As to the foxhead ter'angreal, unfortunately we don't have one. Keep looking though!

@Lavandula, how do you know about the Asha'man if you are only on book four?

Edited by Asha'man Shar'aman

@Lavandula Well, I like Perrin best. (I think he's closest to what I am like). Rand is just a little too dark, always talking about having to be hard, and Mat... Well, he's a little crazy. Let's just say that. My favorite weapon? Probably the Two Rivers Bow, although I've never heard of Perrin using one. City? I'd like to live in Caemlyn. What about you?

So, I'm actually listening to the books. I though that was a LOT to read, so I chose audible.  Michael Kramer and Kate Reading are the best for the series!

@Asha'man Shar'aman I couldn't decide on a themed name! I can feel the tension building as the book progresses. The Last Battle is near! I can't wait to finish the series, but then what'll I do? I was thinking of reading the two prequels.

55 minutes ago, Caleb Ellis said:

@Lavandula Well, I like Perrin best. (I think he's closest to what I am like). Rand is just a little too dark, always talking about having to be hard, and Mat... Well, he's a little crazy. Let's just say that. My favorite weapon? Probably the Two Rivers Bow, although I've never heard of Perrin using one. City? I'd like to live in Caemlyn. What about you?

So, I'm actually listening to the books. I though that was a LOT to read, so I chose audible.  Michael Kramer and Kate Reading are the best for the series!

@Asha'man Shar'aman I couldn't decide on a themed name! I can feel the tension building as the book progresses. The Last Battle is near! I can't wait to finish the series, but then what'll I do? I was thinking of reading the two prequels.

Haha! Yeah I know how hard it can be to choose name. I just cobbled some Old Tongue together into a name I thought sounded cool.

I now! I can’t wait to finish the series. Two prequels? I only know of New Spring. River of Souls is a side book, but not a prequel. 

I don’t mind Audible too much. It’s a little confusing for me sometimes, because of the different pronunciations, but overall, I think Michael Kramer and Kate Reading did a good job. 

13 hours ago, Asha'man Shar'aman said:

Lavandula, how do you know about the Asha'man if you are only on book four?

What? This is wheel of time not return of the invisible hood? I can see you you know! (besides I know a lot of things, I'm a regular at wot wiki and may ir may not be in possesion of a big white book?)

Btw did you choose a faction yet?

3 hours ago, Caleb Ellis said:

What about you?

I like Loial the best, but if I had to choose of the "main chars" (rand, mat, perrin, elayne, egwene, nynaeve) I would definetly choose Perrin too. Mat isn't to bad either though he's way cray cray and wild, but he don't shriek his responsibilities(although he really wants to lol) his heart and loyalty seem to be in the right place.. The rest ugh..especially rand I'm very curious to see how a selfabsorbed womanizing tush is to end up being the hero?

I'm very fond of the ashandarei, I like how it's supposedly well balanced, so it can be used to fight both like a polearm and a stick!

I read or listens to audio, or both at once. I have kramer and readings version too, and I'm very happy with it (and didn't even know there were alternatives)?

So what brings you to the BT? Since you don't seem to fond of the cray cray I'm guessing I wont see you shine bright in the lights lol? 

@Lavandula Well, I was just looking for a Wheel of Time forum, where I could be a total nerd, and I found this. The BT looked the best out of the other groups for some reason. Do you like writing? I'm trying to write a YA Sci-Fi novel right now. (I like both sci-fi and fantasy)

Loial? He is funny, and respectable at the same time. But big, and cumbersome. (Works well when he's holding an axe.)

I'm not sure what you mean by 'cray cray'?

Edited by Caleb Ellis

@Asha'man Shar'aman I think you're right about the River of souls not being a prequel, but I thought there was another book about a wolf or something?

This was it: Amazon.com: Warrior of the Altaii (Audible Audio Edition): Robert Jordan, Michael Kramer, Macmillan Audio: Audible Audiobooks

Edited by Caleb Ellis

3 hours ago, Caleb Ellis said:

@Lavandula Well, I was just looking for a Wheel of Time forum, where I could be a total nerd, and I found this. The BT looked the best out of the other groups for some reason. Do you like writing? I'm trying to write a YA Sci-Fi novel right now. (I like both sci-fi and fantasy)

Loial? He is funny, and respectable at the same time. But big, and cumbersome. (Works well when he's holding an axe.)

I'm not sure what you mean by 'cray cray'?

Ofcourse we're the best? I want to take up writing poems, that's why I'm also in writer's club, but mostly I'm in the Arts Guild when I'm not here. 

I mostly like fantasy, maybe some sci-fi as long as they're not to dramatic then I usually can't bother watching beyond the first season?

It's so interesting how different people read the same and see something entirety different!?

To me Loial is like the brown ajah interested in learning EVERYTHING. He's openminded and wont let old ogier knowledge hinder him in learning the truth if it shows the ogier knowledge was actually wrong. He is a tad absent minded and have a lovely dry sence of humor. And he like the tinkers have great respect for all living and nature, he will however pick up his weapon and fight to defend his friends. That's how I see him, unless he changes a lot trough the books ?

Well it's kind of like in the book's the dark faction is the dark and sinister ones following the dark one and the light faction well we are slightly cookoo folowing our own crazy voices of reason..I think...wasn't it like that? Yes I believe so, and no one can really say against me since they are not here to do so. Good point lava! ?

11 hours ago, Lavandula said:

What? This is wheel of time not return of the invisible hood? I can see you you know! (besides I know a lot of things, I'm a regular at wot wiki and may ir may not be in possesion of a big white book?)

Btw did you choose a faction yet?

Ahh. Well, I knew you could see me, but I wondered why you would join the BT if you didn't even know what it was. 

9 hours ago, Caleb Ellis said:

@Asha'man Shar'aman I think you're right about the River of souls not being a prequel, but I thought there was another book about a wolf or something?

This was it: Amazon.com: Warrior of the Altaii (Audible Audio Edition): Robert Jordan, Michael Kramer, Macmillan Audio: Audible Audiobooks

That is actually another book written by RJ, not about WoT. Thanks for making it clearer to me!

3 minutes ago, Asha'man Shar'aman said:

Ahh. Well, I knew you could see me, but I wondered why you would join the BT if you didn't even know what it was. 

Cause when I joined their main thread was "the 100 000 post thread" and it's marked spam! ? Actually it was illian running around all over the place promoting his private fight club..you had to be a member to vote, and plus have you met niniel and the baby trolocs? And when you're not in the laughing mood you could always strike up an interesting conversation here.

1 hour ago, Lavandula said:

Cause when I joined their main thread was "the 100 000 post thread" and it's marked spam! ? Actually it was illian running around all over the place promoting his private fight club..you had to be a member to vote, and plus have you met niniel and the baby trolocs? And when you're not in the laughing mood you could always strike up an interesting conversation here.

Ahh. I have not met the baby Trollocs! Are they for target practice, experimentation, or something less evil?

15 hours ago, Caleb Ellis said:

I just finished the 12th book! I don't know if you've finished it yet, but I almost cried! Not because it was necessary sad, but it was just so emotional. With other emotions. Anyway, I'm starting the 13th now!

That’s great! I actually just finished it. I thought the ending chapters were really interesting, but not necessarily super emotional. Each to their own though! 

Mehehe..good luck I already tried corner him in chats..he said he was bussy working can you believe kids these days? 

Btw Happy Valentine's everyone! 

tenor.gif?itemid=13484658

Thanks for trying. I wonder how much trouble I will get in for creating the roll call, and starting the points thread with the points everyone has already earned?

Happy Valentines to you too. 

Well I actually asked and he didn't answer and you know what they say about silence...he who is silence is in agreeance.. Plus you snooze you looze...also this is bt..you should really be awarded for being naughty..I mean helpfull? pointies and tainted brownies yum!

Let's totally do it! in good faith cause we're adorable helpfull and angelic (in case the bosses sees this)

you want help? Or else go for it??

Edited by Lavandula

Well I actually asked and he didn't answer and you know what they say about silence...he who is silence is in agreeance.. Plus you snooze you looze...also this is bt..you should really be awarded for being naughty..I mean helpfull? pointies and tainted brownies yum!

Let's totally do it! in good faith cause we're adorable helpfull and angelic (in case the bosses sees this)

you want help? Or else go for it??

Haha! I sent him a PM asking about it, but let’s do it anyways! I’m fine either way. If you want to step in from time to time, that would be fine, but I think I can do it. 

Oh I was more thinking of guilt sharing ? but yes if you do have bussy times just delegate away, and I can pitch in. I've been looking up fun, but easy games to just jump into, to help with activity. 

Thank you! Actually, would you mind doing the raisings? You are the most senior one here, and I think it would make it seem a bit more official (if we can even be official right now), until we can get a Faction Head or the M'Hael around. Thanks!

Yeah, the baby Trollocs are gonna get a feast when the M’Hael comes back. On the other hand though, we are some of the only BT active members right now, so maybe we’ll get off a little lighter for the purpose of keeping BT alive? That’s what I’m hoping anyway.