DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
_Kynwric_

Mother's Skirts Tavern

I remember your post. Wow! Is it hot there too?

13 hours ago, haycraftd said:

We Warders had an event about it and I wrote an essay on its origins, "The Tale Behind Mardi Gras," and I think I might have just done a good job with it.  The essay's disappeared off of Dragonmount, of course, but I still have it saved in a Word document.   

The boards have been hidden but they still exist, nothing's been deleted. The Club Leaders can still see them so I'll go have hunt and see if I can read it. I've been rather lazy about my WT activity in recent years so I miss a lot of stuff. 

Enjoy the weekend's recuperation. :) 

Ryrin--"Warm" is a very relative term--I spend a chapter in my dissertation discussing how relative and squishy the terms "disaster" and "impact" actually are--and so, let me dodge the question by saying that today we're in the fifties/early teens. :smile:

(Being serious, though--for Edinburgh, this is warm). 

What's everyone been up to this weekend?  Tay--I'm doing my best to recuperate, but heavy fire safety regulations + zero air conditioning has kept me searching for a way to cool the flat down.  I don't quite remember how I did it last summer.  Autumn's not all that far away, so I probably don't need it all that long, but it's tropical.  

2 hours ago, haycraftd said:

What's everyone been up to this weekend?  Tay--I'm doing my best to recuperate, but heavy fire safety regulations + zero air conditioning has kept me searching for a way to cool the flat down.  I don't quite remember how I did it last summer.  Autumn's not all that far away, so I probably don't need it all that long, but it's tropical.  

Wet some towels and squeeze out till just damp, put in freezer till almost frozen, hang in windows or around room.

On 8/8/2019 at 10:43 PM, Taymist said:

Oh absolutely, stick it on the C.V. ...always. Looks good.

I just came back from Suddenly Last Summer and it was a good show.  Nobody came close to nailing a New Orleans accent, but that really didn't matter.

And Elgee, I can imagine it might get hot in Africa!  Yesterday it cooled down and it might just be staying that way, but we'll see.

Don't hold your breath, we're meant to be 16-18 degrees C (or into the 60s for people who use weird temperatures :laugh: ) for the rest of the week. Which is nothing for many people but some of us are not prepared to cope with it.

I feel your pain. Our flat gets the sun on the front all day so the livingroom is the hottest room in the place and it's very uncomfortable. One of the women at my craft meeting tonight said she'd had to put her heating back on because she was cold.:wacko: The rest of us were fairly sure she needed to be sectioned. 

They sell reflective blankets for cars, maybe put that outside window to stop sun going in, it's meant to keep car cool while parked and it worked better then we expected