DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hello to you all!

Terova

Hello fellow WOT - Fans, 

I just would like to shortly introduce myself to you: Since 1998 I am a big fan of WOT and a dedicated reader of the series! Parts of the books I already re-read countless times and others (honestly) just once depending on my personal liking.

Like many of you, I endured years of waiting for new books and while doing so waisting my time (in a positive way) by reading weird, fantastic or finally true theories. I was very very sad when RJ fell ill and unfortunately died and although I am greatful that Brandon Sanderson took up the challenge and finished the books, I still would have preferred to read solely RJ's Version of the story.

So, as I am flying around the WOT universe since decades, I of course read the forums on the usual pages like Dragonmount or Theoryland for years, however, I never participated actively. I am not really sure why this changed now, however, from time to time I will be happy to share some of my thoughts / opinions whatever with you. Maybe this is due to my excitement towards the TV series as well as the fact that the WOT internet community in my home country (I am from Europe) is unfortunately nearly dead :-(. 

So, see you around and take care, 

Terova

Welcome to Dragonmount, Terova! Which part of Europe are you from? I'm from Cape Town in South Africa.

I too read the series for years before joining Dragonmount in 2006, I think ... geez I'm old now! LoL

You're welcome to join in at the Social Side (now called Clubs). We just moved into our new premises on Monday, so things are still under construction and no-one can find the sugar. We'll get there, though.

Welcome to DM, Terova. :smile: You'll find many other Europeans here. I'm not far from Edinburgh in Scotland. You're not alone in skipping bits when you re-read! I do that too. I always read my favourite scenes and skim or ignore the boring parts lol.

As Elgee said, feel free to come visit us in the new Clubs. There are lots of different groups, some based on the Books, including the Role Play section that I'm responsible for. Some are more factual, some based on interests like writing, or talking about other fandoms such as Game of Thrones. Plenty to interest everyone. I hope you'll enjoy your time here with us. 

Dear all,

thank you very much for your warm welcome! I will check out the clubs as you proposed and I am looking forward to meeting WOT fans from all over the world and chat about WOT and other topics of interest.

Thank you and take care

Terova

PS: I am from a small town near Heidelberg / Germany ?

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/20/2019 at 5:23 PM, Elgee said:

Wilkommen!

Ich spreche eine kleine bischen Deutch aber nicht viel und nicht sehr gut hahaha!

Das freut mich - Deinen Text habe ich prima verstanden ? !

I have been to South Africa / Cape Town once and I absolutely loved it - please say hello to your wonderful country on my behalf!

All the best and Gute Nacht ? ?

19 hours ago, Terova said:

Das freut mich - Deinen Text habe ich prima verstanden ? !

Wunderbar!

Oh wow when were you here? Where all did you go? And I will do hehehe ...

Guten Nacht und schlafen sie wohl ?