DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

So what did you think of the last episode?

I think the show suffered a bit from not taking the same path to the ending as GRRM plans to.  There were certain things that were ridiculously underwhelming (hello, Golden Company?)  but overall I was satisfied with the way things ended, and look forward to seeing how George makes it all tie together BECAUSE I DO BELIEVE HE WILL FINISH THE BOOKS.  FITE ME.

The acting was great.  The production values were amazing.  The writing was... mostly a'ight.  (Bryan Cogman's episode was fantastic.)

I'm not sure about the book but we can hope :).

yeah I thought it was really well done. I enjoyed it except for that one very badly lit episode and small huh moments like.... why would Jon have admitted that or did the dragon talk or what? And... that was really not a lot of rubble on top of the royal couple, or ten feet to either side, but eh, I think that's how they wanted it and how much digging could Tyrion have done alone anyway.

people didn't seem to see Dany's descent into madness coming or else thought she didn't deserve the ending she got but I think that was foreshadowed from way back and it couldn't have gone any other way.

and all the quibbling about who should have been the rightful king when I think, in the show for certain, the whole series is about how bad inherited royalty can get.

I loved episode 1, 2 and 6. There were a few things that didn't work but most of it did. I think that the season had been better with a few more episodes, then some things wouldn't have been so hasty. (Varys turning etc.) 

I liked where people ended up. Bran becoming king was a surprise but it works. Arya's and Sansa's end were as expected. Jon being sent to a new nights watch was a bit weird (why would there be a nights watch?)  but I choose to believe that he went with the free folks and that is a fitting end for him. I think he will be happy there.

I loved the small council meeting. It was so funny. I don't care about how Sam can be a maester and having a family or Bronn becoming master of coin. It was such a hilarious scen. 

It was a great scene. I think you're right about the rushed feeling, it would have used a lot more episodes to explain stuff. It felt like important things were cut,

i fekt like jon went to be the true king in the true north.

as for the wall though... it seemed like maybe they'd defeated the white walkers before but they came back so maybe they expected a far future return?