DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Thane Vakarian

The Wandering Bard Inn

Never heard of Mistborn. i need to start reading again. Nursing school got me so busy and now studying again for the nursing licensure exam is tough.

Mistborn is set in Brandon Sanderson's connected universe: the Cosmere. This includes Mistborn eras 1 and 2, Stormlight Archive, Warbreaker, Elantris, and White Sands at the moment.

Mistborn was a great series, need to read the most recent two in the series still but haven't done much reading in a while.

I enjoyed Warbreaker. Can't for the life of me remember now what it was about but I know it was a fun read.:laugh:

I really enjoyed the first novel in the Mistborn series, the second just arrived yesterday and am certainly eager to dive in!!

So where do I start from lol. Need to get back into reading lol.

The best way I've always found to get back into reading is to reread one of your favorites - you know what to expect but you'll fall in love with it again and be more likely to search after a new book!

On 8/21/2019 at 6:17 AM, Cairos said:

Well if you want to start with Sanderson, then the first trilogy of Mistborn is a good place to start. The Final Empire is the 1st book.

On 8/24/2019 at 12:02 PM, Jeannaisais said:

The best way I've always found to get back into reading is to reread one of your favorites - you know what to expect but you'll fall in love with it again and be more likely to search after a new book!

That's awesome advice, Jea. So true. If I've been out of it for a bit, I usually pick up a Pern  or Deverry book, or something fun like Terry Pratchett.

On 8/21/2019 at 12:17 AM, Cairos said:

Many places to start. Either read them in publication order, or Mistborn. Just make sure to read Warbreaker before Words of Radiance 

Thanks guys. I’ll check it out after I take my test. I got my letter saying that I can take the test again and to sign up and pick a date. Time to crack down and study. 

You can do it! *blows magical sand on Cairos (for luck)* will there be a victory feast at the in (free drinks)? 

The drinks are all free at the Band lol. We do like our alcoholic beverages. *hands over a Guiny and a Flaming Shot* Just don't take anything Dice offers you, it's likely to be dodgy.

That's good news, Cairos! Nose to the grindstone now. You'll do awesome. Best of luck. *huggles*

Thanks Lavandula and Tay. Yeah studying again!

You're not alone, hun. It's taken everyone a little bit of time to get used to lol. It helps to bookmark the main pages of the Clubs you're in. Saves trawling through the Club index every time.

Dice is around. Saw that adopted of mine in the Discord chat yesterday though he wasn't speaking so I'm in a huff with him.:ph34r:

Ohhhhhh Dice is in trouble!!!! 

*tackles BB* sheesh where have you been?

*ties her up in a chair so she doesn’t leave*

Now what have you been up to?

Yeah I'll tackle that on a laptop haha. *does a little chair dance*  

I have been first year PhDing and dying haha. How about y'all? Any updates? 

I'm going to be taking my nursing exam again soon. I'm going to schedule it in 2-3 weeks. I've been on and off studying. Then i'm going to apply for by Bacherlors in Nursing online soon.

On 8/30/2019 at 2:12 PM, Taymist said:

You're not alone, hun. It's taken everyone a little bit of time to get used to lol. It helps to bookmark the main pages of the Clubs you're in. Saves trawling through the Club index every time.

Dice is around. Saw that adopted of mine in the Discord chat yesterday though he wasn't speaking so I'm in a huff with him.:ph34r:

I waved!  and you didn't speak either!!!

21 hours ago, Cairos said:

Ohhhhhh Dice is in trouble!!!! 

*tackles BB* sheesh where have you been?

*ties her up in a chair so she doesn’t leave*

Now what have you been up to?

I am NOT!! I never do anything wrong!!!

goes over and starts tickling the tied up BB....

On 8/30/2019 at 5:57 AM, Lavandula said:

You can do it! *blows magical sand on Cairos (for luck)* will there be a victory feast at the in (free drinks)? 

Lav!  So your a Recruit??  Rubs hands together... Lets see what we got for you....

Oh I'm a total fraud, I've read two and a half (that's a lie, probably more like two and some pages) books eons ago.

I came in here for the musical game (that I'm about the only one finding amusing).

Haven't tried the wot trivia, but point me in the right direction, and I'll check it out.

Well since I can't really name any of your drinks in here.. as long as I'm not served any sweet soda like things I should be fine (ruining perfectly good spirits with sodas should be a crime)  

1 minute ago, Lavandula said:

Oh I'm a total fraud, I've read two and a half (that's a lie, probably more like two and some pages) books eons ago.

I came in here for the musical game (that I'm about the only one finding amusing).

Haven't tried the wot trivia, but point me in the right direction, and I'll check it out.

Well since I can't really name any of your drinks in here.. as long as I'm not served any sweet soda like things I should be fine (ruining perfectly good spirits with sodas should be a crime)  

red   points at hisself tho u probably need to FINISH THE BOOKS!!   how could you put them down!!  cries!

as for drinks   hand over a Banbun   this is my own concoction  part Bundy Rum part Bandy Best drink in the Band and belonging to the Mighty Cavalry!!!

Health issues.. *hugs dice* there, there... I've been offered to borrow someones sound books. Will start on the beginning since I don't remember much tho. *tasting rum bandy Bundy drink*