DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Thane Vakarian

The Wandering Bard Inn

On 6/15/2020 at 4:52 AM, dicetosser1 said:

No getting sick cairos! Thats an Order!!

Agreed! 

And....I still got nothing for a WoT based drinking game lol Other than, y'all better keep the liquid in your cups but take a drink with every post.

*finds Cairos's stash of MG Brew* Should have found a new hiding location there MG. *takes a small sip before replacing the stopper* Not taking any chances this time! 

Umm... *checking nails intently* I begun..sort of..:rolleyes:

15 hours ago, Lavandula said:

Umm... *checking nails intently* I begun..sort of..:rolleyes:

@dicetosser1 will be so proud of us lol

I picked Crossroads of Twilight back up this week.  I hadn't read any WoT in over a year.  That 8 to 10 stretch burnout caught up to me, but things are feeling fresh again.  Maybe I'll finish!

....lol.  I've been trying to keep current with this series since the mid 90s and it's yet to happen.

@Shad_ I haven't read anything WoT since 2015 when I finished the series. I joined a FB group for the TV series and man, I've forgotten..... a lot 😳

Looks like I'm pacing for progress here though.  Less than 100 pages left in Crossroads says I'll at least end up opening the first page of the Knife of Dreams copy I bought two years ago. Haha.

@Lavandula who were you signaling for, precisely?? Just curious....

I've been back at work full time. Full time face to face teaching and well. It's mostly normal but also not. Kids are struggling to follow rules but that's nothing new. 

My spare time has been spent chilling with fam, writing, or reading new modern fantasy (Armenout's From Blood and Ash and currently working through Throne of Glass - such a breath of fresh air after all the classics I decided to read at the beginning of the year lol)

3 minutes ago, Jeannaisais said:

Lavandula who were you signaling for, precisely?? Just curious....

Uh...oh that! I totally forgot about that.. Looks like it is for dice😜 I think it was sort of a last shout out to try creating activity😃

Ah yes - the elusive activity. My apologies for going a-wall for a bit. First quarter was a bit of an adjustment going back to work. All that free time from schools closing back in March got ripped away again... I'll try to make an effort to be around more. As much more as I can be at least. Second quarter is sometimes even more insane than the first since it's the second half of the semester and all the students are going 'oh wait I *have* to pass now or I'm stuck in here again next year'. I love my job lol

I'm still here lol! Yes activity has been low throughout DM! I'll be around more since my 1 of my class is over. I have one more class that will start up in November and I'll be done with my BSN! I won't be starting my masters anytime soon lol. 

Awww...you guys I hope you do now it wasn't critique, I do understand people have their reasons I'm not total insensitiv😃 

I will try to be here more too but got some more responsibilities so I will have to prioritize them first, always time for some games and light fun though😉 and when things calm down I'll try do my recruity business lol..

1 hour ago, Jeannaisais said:

Second quarter is sometimes even more insane than the first since it's the second half of the semester and all the students are going 'oh wait I *have* to pass now or I'm stuck in here again next year'. I love my job lol

How horrible lol.. Yeah I guess understanding the value of planning ahead is something you have to grow into😂 

1 hour ago, Cairos said:

I'm still here lol! Yes activity has been low throughout DM! I'll be around more since my 1 of my class is over. I have one more class that will start up in November and I'll be done with my BSN! I won't be starting my masters anytime soon lol. 

So happy for you cairos, you're a real champion! I don't know how you do it.. Can tots understand the need for a break before more education *nods

Ah yes take a break before that Master's degree @Cairos. I waited about four years before I felt like diving into academica (wait, I never left it, I'm a teacher.... but being a *student* is different than being the teacher).

And @Lavandula I didn't take it as a critique, just an observation, at which I gave my explanation of where I've been hiding. Different worlds for different days, and DM wasn't winning out there for a bit!

Anybody have plans for Thanksgiving?