DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Thane Vakarian

The Wandering Bard Inn

On 3/8/2020 at 10:43 AM, Taymist said:

*raises various glasses in return* Indeed. Slainte. I've kept in touch with Footy very loosely but it's been a while since we last caught up. Some of the other folks pop in from time to time. Cads was about for a bit though she never formally returned to the Band. Did you hear of Kristine's passing? :sad:

Thank you, Lava, it's good to be seen. :laugh:

Oh now how did I miss that? Teach me to scan posts in a rush. Happy Anniversary, Jea! :biggrin:

Thanks! Today's the official anniversary - we celebrated early since I'm busy with parent teacher conferences this week 😞 

Also, I was never super close to Kristine but it's super sad to hear of any member of our community passing 😢 

*gently knocks on the door before a loud crash can be heard*

Right, Mr. Ed, I think you need some training on how to enter buildings! Anyway, who wants to pass a weary traveller a drink? Preferably a M-G Brew!

Long time, no see! No promises about staying around, but we shall see what I can do!

16 hours ago, Corki said:

*gently knocks on the door before a loud crash can be heard*

Right, Mr. Ed, I think you need some training on how to enter buildings! Anyway, who wants to pass a weary traveller a drink? Preferably a M-G Brew!

Long time, no see! No promises about staying around, but we shall see what I can do!

So, about those Brews.....I know, I know, I should've taken better care of them and all that, but we needed people back in the taverns and, well.....oh who am I kidding, we figured a new and better recipe 😉 *slides one over*

You'll notice we're not nearly as steadily active as we used to be, but at least people are around! Be sure to give the baby extra snuggle. I miss the snugly days - now I have to chase mine for snuggles 🤣

*peeks in* how's everyone,  anyone figured out how to walk on the walls yet? 

That reminds me of "The Yellow Wallpaper" that I had my juniors read at the beginning of the shelter in place order.....she does walk the walls in the end, but it's not a good thing. At least these walls aren't yellow....

Posted (edited)

stops and points at the broken door

"Bunyan did NOT do that!!!      this time.....|

Edited by dicetosser1

Posted (edited)

And wich colors are the walls in "the wandering bard in"?

Oooh bunyan is here, I smell giiiiiiirrrrrls night, bring on the pedicures!!!!

*pumps up the volume and run to catch the nail polish*

Edited by Lavandula

On 4/9/2020 at 7:57 PM, dicetosser1 said:

stops and points at the broken door

"Bunyan did NOT do that!!!      this time.....|

Of course not, Bunyan would never do something like that 🙄

On 4/20/2020 at 11:31 PM, Lavandula said:

And wich colors are the walls in "the wandering bard in"?

Oooh bunyan is here, I smell giiiiiiirrrrrls night, bring on the pedicures!!!!

*pumps up the volume and run to catch the nail polish*

If he bites or kicks  you remember its your own fault

On 4/25/2020 at 9:19 PM, Jeannaisais said:

Of course not, Bunyan would never do something like that 🙄

Wha??  Of COURSE he would! He just didnt.   THIS time...

8 hours ago, dicetosser1 said:

Wha??  Of COURSE he would! He just didnt.   THIS time...

As 🙄 implies....

Well either way, nice to see a new person in here😀

Hey Lavandula.. I guess im a newbie.. 🙂 good guess Jeannaisais...  sorry to disappoint.  Where are you guys.. I'm in London. 

Dissapointed? Ha!!!!

Wooooohooooooo I'm not the only recruit ANYMOOORE!!!!!!!!!

tumblr_nqtvm4UiFA1u5mnn7o1_500.gif

#first to hundreds spotfines (from now ofcourse...since I may or may not have like..a half... from before🙄) !!!!!! 

Hey, how far are you in the books, and what are your favorite band char?

Oh...... does  that mean .. I'm The new recruit..?  Great..! 😩

This is not a Whaahoooo moment.. 

I've read all the books.. 

A few times.. . Favourite characters are Nynaeve and Mat. Love her drive and stubbornness and bullying. Mat ... what can you say. 

What are your favourite characters.. and where are you with the books..?

On 5/9/2020 at 9:30 AM, Zax said:

Hey Lavandula.. I guess im a newbie.. 🙂 good guess Jeannaisais...  sorry to disappoint.  Where are you guys.. I'm in London. 

Definitely not a disappointment, always a joy to get to know newbies here. I've been a member since the early 2000's....the website has been through quite a few changes since then but I believe I created my first account in like 2005 when I wasn't even 16 yet.....I just realized I'm nearly double that age now and look like a frightened owl 🤣😳

I'm from the MidWest, dealing with distance education as a high school English teacher and, as states in another thread not too long ago, I've read through the entire series once, the first ten books twice, and the first few more than twice. For a while I was a huge Perrin fan but I find myself appreciating each character for what they bring to the story. My view on all literature has changed significantly since high school....I mean high school me didn't have a Master's of English so, of course it's changed!

An English teacher.. pretty cool.  I agree its the characters that bring the stories to life and their interactions. 

I used to reread the previous books everytime a new one came out. Life was simple then. Work gets in the way now..! Lol

How is life in the midwest. 

*pokes head in to look for jak* hm...fishy..

21 hours ago, Zax said:

An English teacher.. pretty cool.  I agree its the characters that bring the stories to life and their interactions. 

I used to reread the previous books everytime a new one came out. Life was simple then. Work gets in the way now..! Lol

How is life in the midwest. 

Life is much different as a working adult. It would be such a daunting task to read through the whole series again now that I'm a full time teacher, wife, and mom! 

Life in the Midwest is kinda boring....well, I guess the weather changes keep it exciting. A week ago today it was a beautiful early summer day, about 4 days ago it was nice spring weather, this morning there was frost on the ground. Probably by end of next week we'll be in the depths of summer heat lol 

***sneaks into the Inn and drinks tons of bandies***

***leaves a trail of possible MG brew behind the counter***

*watches Cairos curiously as she grabs an MG Brew Tea from a hidden compartment in the wall, sits in a chair and sips on her drink* How's it going MG?