DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Thane Vakarian

The Wandering Bard Inn

*nods* lava keeps life in grays too. Cairos just go make himself some cocoa, take a foot bath, facial mask, whatever is your fancy..breath and relax.

9 hours ago, Taymist said:

Used to be, yes. People just want to spam these days. Effort and activity are like curse words. We used to have a lovely balance between the two extremes but hey ho...each to their own and all that. 

It was lovely really. I think we archers were able to keep up "activity" with our hangman games. 

4 hours ago, Wildfire Sedai said:

UHM......I heard it was the WORST beer ever.....just saying.....I only repeating what I heard....first time I ever drank/got drunk...

*laughs* I've heard the opposite, that American beer is the worst. Given I'm not a beer drinker, more of a rum or whiskey kind of girl, so I don't really have an opinion.

18 hours ago, Taymist said:

Doubtful. People don't generally leave because of one person. If that was the case I'd have left years ago. There have been some right nutcases over the years.

I'm more thinking out loud. I remember how things went on proboards when some older members returned about a year after I started. Always promised myself I wouldn't do what they did, hence limiting my involvement now. Times have changed since I was really active and the people around now don't want the Band the way it was then... which is fair enough. *shrugs* Doesn't mean I don't miss it. But you can't turn the clock back.

The proboards were definitely hopping way back when but odd things did happen - I don't recall all the details because I do my best to 'forgive and forget'!

Hopefully soon we'll be able to add regimental leaders again, that would be awesome! ?

22 hours ago, Cass said:

?

Does this mean I should revert??

I joined the Cavs after re-doing the RR program last time because they were low on numbers...

Can't I be both?

*Runs from Dice *

(also @Lavandula Lava - Hi hi and welcome!!)

CASS!!!!!!!!!!

Dice whistles for Bunyan, grabs a coil of rope and runs outside to a waiting Bunyan...

"Cmon bun   lets gt her     CASS!!!!!!!!!  get your Maroon Butt back here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

gallops off after Cass

lol it wasn't dramatic enough to require forgiveness or forgetting. Hence the complete lack of any details. I only mentioned it by way of explanation for my own decision.

Cass you better run faster, lovely. Told you he wasn't going to let that slide. :laugh:

I hope Monty is still safely tucked up in the Cav's pasture, Dicey? 

3 minutes ago, Taymist said:

lol it wasn't dramatic enough to require forgiveness or forgetting. Hence the complete lack of any details. I only mentioned it by way of explanation for my own decision.

Cass you better run faster, lovely. Told you he wasn't going to let that slide. :laugh:

Um...we used thier pastures to make more latrines....

Oh we did? Well that seems reasonable, they do take up a lot of space. Fair do. He must be in the stables then.

He's my miniature Shetland pony. My first two Bandeds were Cav and since I couldn't have a named horse, with it being the Cav's Regimental weapon, Manriva gifted me with a pony instead. One native to Scotland naturally. Monty became something of a mascot. He was very fond of attending jousts and made frequent appearances in the Band Game too. He's utterly adorable and vicious as all get out. :laugh:

Right? lol there are a fair number of pets running about the Band. A squirrel, a gerbil, a fennec fox to name a few.

Lava still think a stable would be nice to collect all fun facts about horsies and animals.. Hope it will be possible to find the old ones in time, cause I can understand how it wouldn't be the same trying to recreate everything..lol 

It's all there. The older stuff is on proboards and the newer stuff is here in the forum archives which Cairos should get access to soon if he doesn't already. He's been in touch with the admins about it so fingers crossed.

16 hours ago, Taymist said:

It's all there. The older stuff is on proboards and the newer stuff is here in the forum archives which Cairos should get access to soon if he doesn't already. He's been in touch with the admins about it so fingers crossed.

Some can still few the proboards, just can't see everything if you didn't have an account before they were locked it appears. So many good memories there (and some odd ones for some of us.....)

I don't do pets, my bows, arrows, and daggers are plenty good enough for me! ?

20 hours ago, Taymist said:

Who do you think corrupted Bunyan   comes back on the wind...

7 hours ago, Jeannaisais said:

Some can still few the proboards, just can't see everything if you didn't have an account before they were locked it appears. So many good memories there (and some odd ones for some of us.....)

I don't do pets, my bows, arrows, and daggers are plenty good enough for me! ?

Yeah, I was trawling happily through the Infantry boards and the Simply the Best boards last night. So many memories. Fun times.

Pretty sure we all feel that way about our weapons. The pets were generally banding gifts, so they're special in their own way. :smile:

6 hours ago, dicetosser1 said:

Who do you think corrupted Bunyan   comes back on the wind...

Ha ha :laugh:... that's what I like to hear. He's a wee gem.

little-girl-in-a-red-dress-walking-on-bo

It's  time to go into hibernation, someone just poke me if/when recruit program  starts up... zzzz 

On 10/3/2019 at 12:16 PM, Taymist said:

Yeah, I was trawling happily through the Infantry boards and the Simply the Best boards last night. So many memories. Fun times.

Pretty sure we all feel that way about our weapons. The pets were generally banding gifts, so they're special in their own way. :smile:

Ha ha :laugh:... that's what I like to hear. He's a wee gem.

I've been trying to figure out who has full admin access on the proboards but I honestly have no idea. I did at one point but now I only have admin access on the game boards and can't remember the archer's privvy boards passwords.....*shrugs* My guess is maybe @F Horn of Valere would be the most logical to currently have admin access over there? Lots of good content hiding over there that we can't let disappear - same for the boards here that we currently can't see as well!

I'm not sure I ever Banded anyone....I have a Warder who is completely MIA now (he's okay IRL as far as I can tell). I almost Banded one person and well, that's a situation we don't need to revisit actually......

Also, while I miss the hustle and bustle that we used to have, it's nice that if you can't get on for a day, you don't log back in to find the last time you posted in a thread was 20 some odd pages ago lol

Lav - I feel you on hibernation. This time last week it was 90 degree Fahrenheit outside....today? It's about 45......brrrr (and I know worse is to come, we had SO many days of sub zero temps last winter. NOT READY!!!! But I'll take the snow days where i get to hang out at home with my little guy!)

13 minutes ago, Jeannaisais said:

I've been trying to figure out who has full admin access on the proboards. My guess is maybe F Horn of Valere would be the most logical to currently have admin access over there? Lots of good content hiding over there that we can't let disappear - same for the boards here that we currently can't see as well!

I can see the Infantry privvies. But the other Regiments are pass protected, as you say. Checked the members list and their assigned roles, Brid and Horn are the only two listed as Senior Staff, so Horn is most likely the main Admin. If it is, at least it won't disappear. We've been chatting today, I'll ask him.

I'm not sure I ever Banded anyone....

The Band's Museum, which was visible to all members so you should be able to read as long as you're logged in, has you listed with Tharengore as a banded. There's a name that's a blast from the past. The actual banding thread is there too. :smile:

...you don't log back in to find the last time you posted in a thread was 20 some odd pages ago lol

lmao, right? It's certainly easier to keep up. :laugh:

GOOD NEWS!!! I PASSED MY NURSING BOARDS/EXAM! I'm now a actual licensed nurse!

Woohoo!!!!!!  *tackle hugs cairos* goooood boy!!! I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT!!!! *ruffles hair* 

now on with the uniform, so we can help see if it fits..no oogling nursey.... here at all..? *shakes head*

LOLOLOL 

9 hours ago, Cairos said:

Oh my word! Way to go, Cairos *pounceyhuggles* That's epic news. Knew you could do it. Very proud of you! :laugh: Bet you're glad that's over lol. 

CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS @Cairos !!!!!!

*Pops confetti bombs everywhere!*

(*still avoiding Dice and Bunyan ? *)

21 hours ago, Taymist said:

I can see the Infantry privvies. But the other Regiments are pass protected, as you say. Checked the members list and their assigned roles, Brid and Horn are the only two listed as Senior Staff, so Horn is most likely the main Admin. If it is, at least it won't disappear. We've been chatting today, I'll ask him.

The Band's Museum, which was visible to all members so you should be able to read as long as you're logged in, has you listed with Tharengore as a banded. There's a name that's a blast from the past. The actual banding thread is there too. :smile:

lmao, right? It's certainly easier to keep up. :laugh:

At this point, I wonder how important it is to still have those password protected. Those passwords were always quite random so I honestly have no idea what it might be for the archer privvy boards. If Horn does still have full admin access, it'd be nice if he could let us know what the archer passwords are.....

Oh goodness gracious, we can delete that Banded thread. That's a blast from the past I do NOT need.....Let's just say, I'm glad I have smart parents that raised me to know what I want and when I want it *nods firmly* But really, we can delete that thread, don't need it.

13 hours ago, Cairos said:

That's awesome Cairos! Congratulations!! *hands over a Sangria, followed by an MG Brew Tea (they're my invention so my secret stash ? ), then a flaming shot, than another MG Brew Tea, then another sangria* Oh and here's a few loads of whatever is your favorite type of chocolate ? (American, Swiss, Belgium, whichever you prefer...I eat the specialty American chocolate so that's probably what's in the stockpile lol).