DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Thane Vakarian

The Wandering Bard Inn

On 9/27/2019 at 5:15 PM, Taymist said:

That doesn't mean you should.

also doesnt mean you shouldnt....   grin

20 hours ago, Illian Tear said:

I got to admit... bows and knives are cooler than lances/spears/javelin/ect....

Ahh the young.  So silly and lacking in knowledge...

15 hours ago, Jeannaisais said:

Uh, excuse me, we archers are highly proficient in the use of daggers. Do not get close to us, we know how to take you down with some of the smallest blades!

Besides - daggers and bows look way cooler than any of the other weapons. *strokes her wooden bow Ingoria fondly, remembering just how much the bow has helped her in the Band throughout the years* 

Sorry  but Swords ;ool cooler then daggers.  gotta give that.

15 minutes ago, Zanatron said:

Bows and horses are for those who cant.  Swords are for those who can imo.

You DO realize Cavalry also uses Swords right? And axes. Their just not our first weapon.

you guys should have lik a tread for each regiment with info in first post about regiment and who is in it, and then can go have coffee with different ones ? seeing as you dont have boards to visit yet

We usually do. But our boards are all... hidden... currently. So Cairos hasn't been able to transfer the info over to the Club.

2 hours ago, Jeannaisais said:

Tay - not everyone enjoys the blood and gore. 

Yes, I said that... weirdos. :wink::laugh:

1 hour ago, Liitha said:

you guys should have lik a tread for each regiment with info in first post about regiment and who is in it, and then can go have coffee with different ones ? seeing as you dont have boards to visit yet

There's so much organization missing on here at the moment and I have to go to just the threads I've been posting in because the appearances elsewhere bother me lol I'm sure it will look better eventually! We used to have all those different threads! 

39 minutes ago, Taymist said:

Yes, I said that... weirdos. :wink::laugh:

I'm pretty sure those that *enjoy* the blood and gore are the weirdos....

23 minutes ago, Jeannaisais said:

I'm pretty sure those that *enjoy* the blood and gore are the weirdos....

Only in real life. :tongue: Here it's absolutely normal *nods* 

6 minutes ago, Taymist said:

Only in real life. :tongue: Here it's absolutely normal *nods* 

? Of course it is ....especially the weird infantryfolk! I can't even handle fake blood and gore when reading. But Bones and Castle are two of my favorite TV shows (I do not approve of Castle's final season but Bones did a pretty great job of wrapping up the series) and there's plenty of gory stuff in those lol

29 minutes ago, Jeannaisais said:

There's so much organization missing on here at the moment and I have to go to just the threads I've been posting in because the appearances elsewhere bother me lol I'm sure it will look better eventually! We used to have all those different threads! 

yeah but if confusing for us oldies think of how it looks for the newbies not used to DM at all and having no clue what to look for ? also cairos is busy with exams so understandable ?

Just now, Liitha said:

yeah but if confusing for us oldies think of how it looks for the newbies not used to DM at all and having no clue what to look for ? also cairos is busy with exams so understandable ?

Yeah if I wasn't a long time member and occasional lurker (trying to be a more active participant and less of a lurker), I'm not sure I'd stick it out with how the boards are now. Granted, the other versions were also insanely overwhelming because there were SO many pieces. They all made since eventually though!

oh come on we always whine when he changed them up, because we are creatures of habit, but we also always get used to them and get over it lol. and we are hopelessly slow at adjusting to, its been months since the move and you would think it happened yesterday, but thats common when listening too us cause its the same thing every time ? (been through some board moves)

21 minutes ago, Jeannaisais said:

? Of course it is ....especially the weird infantryfolk!

Pah! You loves us really :wub: and I love Castle, although endings are rarely perfect.

Lii, this move was only at the start of August, so not that long ago, barely 2 months, and the leaders were given literally zero warning. That's what the problem was more than the actual change happening. No time to move all the info. 

nods, yeah but i know how we use to react too also i am fairly sure i seen some posts on here from before that so someone known since mid july and had access to boards since then...but been on staff i know how the drill go..this time just so happy it aint me ? *grins at Tay* that i am happy to learn to deal with it, cause i know how much work it is regardless of how long before you get access...so trying to just not complain too much about the set up even if it seems a bit backwardish too me

also @Zanatron there is something beyond maplesirup you guys good at...fireball ?

Edited by Liitha

*lumbers into inn...shuffling feet...eyes downcast*  Give me a QUAD FLAMIN SHOT please in some CANADIAN BEER 

*sits down, hunkles shoulders* hmmmf  *sigh*

*hands Wifi something better...it’s the MG brew....with Canadian beer*

my hidden stash is way better than those flaming shots! 

6 hours ago, Cairos said:

*hands Wifi something better...it’s the MG brew....with Canadian beer*

my hidden stash is way better than those flaming shots! 

You know, as much as I miss that 'hidden' stash, I do appreciate our flaming shots. They're consistently just good enough ? 

*takes MG brew from Cairos* thanks *gulps it in one swallow...wipes mouth*  BURPS....oommmff....sorry....excuse me....first time drinking ya know... *starts to feel a little woozie* I can handle it....another one, please 

*sits up straighter on bar stool...leaning slightly toward right...straightening up again*

:smile: 

*raises eyebrow at WF* 

May I ask why Canadian beer specifically? I'm not judging, the more people who drink our beer the better, I'm just curious

Hi @Lessa Nikia and @Cass , I'm newbie. *point at self, while grumbling* (would have been recruit but since no one can be bothered to start program..HINT HINT)

*lava stand still with arms wide* huggies? (Apparently it's rude to attack people you dont know with hugs, @Cairos should probably give @Taymist some points for actually being able to teach Lava something..)

And also NEWBIE QUESTION; who leaders of each regiment might be? ?

2 hours ago, Lavandula said:

Hi @Lessa Nikia and @Cass , I'm newbie. *point at self, while grumbling* (would have been recruit but since no one can be bothered to start program..HINT HINT)

*lava stand still with arms wide* huggies? (Apparently it's rude to attack people you dont know with hugs, @Cairos should probably give @Taymist some points for actually being able to teach Lava something..)

And also NEWBIE QUESTION; who leaders of each regiment might be? ?

So, in the past, we've had Captain-Generals for each regiment - I'm not sure we do at the moment though. I'm sure once activity really picks up the CG's will be implemented once again though.

Posted (edited)

Aha well then lava just assume it's dice jea and tay, that be perfect. (And also someone forgot to give dice that memo)

Edited by Lavandula

I forget who the leaders are now...lol.

Chae was leading something for awhile Thane or Chae i think ran the archers, Besie was running or helping run the Infantry for awhile, who cares about stinky Cavs....lol maybe Dice???

Well, you wouldn't be far wrong assuming that, Lava. Informally, and purely in terms of seniority. We've all been CG of our Regiments, probably more than once when I think about it, as well as Senior Staff (that's the XO/Executive Officer/training, 3rd in command, UC/Under Commander/second in command, and MG/Marshall General/currently Cairos) in various guises. Fairly sure there isn't much the three of us haven't done in the Band.

Not to mention for the Infantry you pretty much only have me or Zan to choose from right now, so that limits who you can ask anyway. :laugh:

So now you know what the SS are and what their titles mean.

Each Regiment has 3 staff as well but that depends on how busy they are and whether they need that many. So CG/Captain General is first, then LG/Lieutenant General/2nd in command, and BG/Banner General/3rd in command. So there's usually someone to cover if anyone gets sick or has a LOA/leave of absence.

But as Jea said, with the board moves, lack of members being active, and not having access to records on old boards for a bit, it's sort of held things up. Cairos is working on it. So I don't think anybody else officially holds any title except for Dicey being Red Arm Leader for the moment.

Posted (edited)

I mean Zander as leader can that even be done?! ??? it would be totally  mayhem! ? 

(Where cairos is concerned he should turn a blind eye to lava's playful nagging) ?

tenor.gif

Edited by Lavandula