DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Our new tower - suggestions

Niniel

So I´m going through all the old boards and threads and I´m thinking about what to keep and what to throw away. I´m waiting for Verb to answer som questions before I can make some decisions. But I would love if you could answer these questions.

1. What is the best thing with BT? 

2. What do you think is a "must keep"?

3. What are the things that you never cared much for in the BT?

4. Any suggestion for our new club?

I´m thinking of mixing some old stuff with some new to make an even better tower. :)

The spam, the games, the lighthearted nature without a lot of hoop jumping and rules

the fun stuff, the taint, the brownies, the spam and hot  threads because those drive traffic. I'm not sure if it's worth tallying points or maintaining off site boards and rollers that never seem to work and are too complicated for most, but eh maybe a points thread just for fun and bragging rights, or gold stars or something to encourage posting.

3. What are the things that you never cared much for in the BT?

lol the OP fights, anything involving math or offsite boards, calculating my own light element and OP power stuff, again math and offsite. The factions and bickering that ensued.

4. Any suggestion for our new club?

i like the idea of streamlining things and deciding deciding what the BT really is, the things that new people will enjoy and want to engage in, things that are easy to jump right into. 

The people, chatting, playing games, earning points to get a higher rank... Most of it really.

A friendly, crazy invironment which makes you want to bake some brownies. 

3. What are the things that you never cared much for in the BT?

Updating the points page. lol Because I broke it more then once. Things getting to serious. This is all about having fun.

4. Any suggestion for our new club?

Taking the best from the old BT and putting it together with something new. We had too many boards that were never visited so some old things needs to go, but I don´t think that is necessary a bad thing. If noone posts for a year, then why do we keep it? I think we should be able to be two levels of involvment. Fun chat and games and brownies and the chance to earn points is the first one. The points system should be easy to understand and the promotions should be based on points, not on OP levels. That will makes it easier to understand. And then the second level for those who wish to OP Battle. They can turn their points into OP levels if they want to. Makes sense? 

• RP - LEGACY

Niniel, you have some good ideas in item 4. I like the points, but streamline the process, make it easier to understand how to advance. (One reason I never chose a faction was I don't know I could yet...) And for those who want to do the OP battles, make it easier to translate into levels to play.

Definitely keep the spamming and the brownies.

37 minutes ago, Dar'Jen Ab Owain said:

Niniel, you have some good ideas in item 4. I like the points, but streamline the process, make it easier to understand how to advance. (One reason I never chose a faction was I don't know I could yet...) And for those who want to do the OP battles, make it easier to translate into levels to play.

Definitely keep the spamming and the brownies.

As soon as everything is in the right place I will get you a promotion thread. ?

So I talked to Verb and there will be no hidden boards. So that will mean no "level 2" (OP Battles, points spending etc) for now since only the informations threads would take up a biiiiiiig part of this forum. It doesn´t mean that we can´t add that later if we want. The admins check the activities in these new groups and those with little activity/contributers will go so we don´t know if we will last very long but we surely hope to. 

I have gone through the old boards and picked what I think is good to keep. The only thing that I´m wondering about right now is the ranks. The ranks will only be based on points (not on levels, classes or battles) but how many points should you need to reach a new rank? I haven´t given this a lot of thoughts but here are my suggestions. Please let me know what you think about it.

Civie - new members. 

Soldier - 30 points. This is easy to reach since you get 10 points for just joining.

Dedicated - 90 points. Fairly easy to reach if you are active. If you are not very active but stay here for some time you will reach it eventually.

Asha´man - 300 points. Should be a level that is hard to reach but not too hard if you are very active. Unsure of this level.

Attack leaders - 1000 points. Should be a level that you can only come to after a long time in the tower. 

I want to get the new information threads up as soon as possible but at the same time I want to get your feed back and suggestions. So we will have to have the tower under construction for a little while. Okay?

The levels sound fine but if it's too hard to keep a points page or track them, we might could go by seniority or like how many roll calls someone signed with bonus promotions for people who drive activity?

also might suggest levels higher than or maybe within ashaman because most ppl lose interest after they max out.

we could signify rank with siggy or eh I'dk.

btw, I spotted tress and leyrann at the discord chat. Might they be lured back here to post some? Maybe messages to alumni about the changes and an invite to check it out. Tho some gave just grown up and moved on.

hate to think of them shutting down the BT ?. Losing mafia really killed activity here.