DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Sooh

Blue's Fantasy Lounge

Come in one and all! 

blue-lounge-resort-big.jpg 

There's plenty of room here ?

Doing pretty good ?  I'm enjoying my long summer break as a teacher.

You?

AC is brilliant. I also love mine. I haven't had as much use of it this summer as I had last summer though. It has been much cooler here. I don't remember where in the States you live. It is in the States, right? Warm climate in the summer?

New York State, hot and humid summers. Brief but annoying. No killing heat waves yet but I can't deal with temps over 68F. 

Humidity is like my worst enemy. I spent a month in NH two years ago, and to me that was so hot and humid I was uncomfortable a lot of the time. 

Last summer here was a heat wave like I've never experienced before. We are not on the water network, so we had to save on our water a lot. This summer though has even been a bit chilly in my opinion. We've actually barely had temperatures above 68. 

That's good. I'd heard there was a heat wave in central and Southern Europe this year. That's really bad in places without ACs.

Oh, @Sooh, I found it :).

Hello hello! 

Oh yes, A/C is the best.  I couldn't survive Texas summers without it!  For example, it's 99F here right now.  

Ew that's too hot, Key!

And yeah, Southern and Central Europe got most of the heat. We didn't notice much up here.

Urgh. Things have certainly gotten complicated here. Does this mean we no longer have a private board?

*twitches nose*

*scampers through the lounge giving squishy hugs*

Hello friends :wub:

6 hours ago, Wayward_fool said:

Urgh. Things have certainly gotten complicated here. Does this mean we no longer have a private board?

*twitches nose*

Things are still in flux.

On 7/15/2019 at 11:30 AM, Sooh said:

Humidity is like my worst enemy. I spent a month in NH two years ago, and to me that was so hot and humid I was uncomfortable..

I was in NY in June. The humidity is terrible &  it was warm and the rain started pouring.

10 hours ago, Wayward_fool said:

*twitches nose*

For the time being. I think it's still being looked into ❤️ 

3 hours ago, Ryrin said:

I was in NY in June. The humidity is terrible &  it was warm and the rain started pouring.

Where in NY? 

Hey Boopsy! Long time no see!

I concur with the 'where in NY' question for Ryrin :).

It's a balmy 90 degrees today ?.  Our hottest time of day is around 4pm though, and it's supposed to be 97 later.  Blech.

1 hour ago, keyholder21 said:

Hey Boopsy! Long time no see!

I concur with the 'where in NY' question for Ryrin :).

It's a balmy 90 degrees today ?.  Our hottest time of day is around 4pm though, and it's supposed to be 97 later.  Blech.

Yikes. That's not fun. 

1 hour ago, Ryrin said:

Manhattan

Cool! What were you there for? I've always wanted to go, but haven't had the chance yet.

38 minutes ago, Mrs. Cindy Gill said:

That's what most people mean when they say New York. Even in the city that's what they mean.

Yeah, but you can never be too sure ? 

We were there on a short vacation. I wish we had time to go upstate.

It still sounds magical to me lol. Manhattan is one of those places that has that exciting pull on me since I've only seen it in movies and on tv. Plus of course I've always wanted to go to a Broadway show (or ten)!

I grew up in Brooklyn but we lived in Manhattan for a couple years in my late teens. It was a great place to be young. I miss it in many ways though I wouldn't want to go back. 

It's crazy expensive, crowded, impossible to evacuate in an emergency, dependent on basically one ancient water line, and I'm too old to enjoy the things I enjoyed about it.

But the best mass transit I've ever seen, no need for a car. everything you could ever want within walking distance or a bus ride, or even better called in. Despite too many people in too small a space, the people instinctively know how to deal with that without being intrusive. Museums, libraries, all kinds of movies, not just big ones, music, freedom.  Great place to grow up.

I also don't think I would enjoy living there. At least not at this point in my life. When I was 10 years younger, sure, but not anymore. I would love to visit though ? Kinda jealous that you got to live there lol!