DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

8 hours ago, LilyElizabeth said:

I survived the four days of a 100 mile round trip commute. Today, the last day of training is only about 25 miles from me and on the same side of Phoenix as I live on. I'll deal with some traffic, but at least I don't have to go downtown. On the upside, my mileage reimbursement check will be nice next month. They pay 58 cents a mile. 

I once had to travel 100 miles round trip to training. It’s a great check!

Regular work is great. I'm enjoying my clients again and my co-workers. And best of all, my supervisor is back from maternity leave!

So, yesterday, one of my cats stopped being able to walk without losing his balance. He had a head injury when he was very little and his back feet never have been normal, but he got around okay. Now, he has trouble walking, can't jump at all, up or down. He wants to be on my bed, but I'm afraid he'll fall off. I want to put him to sleep. He's 15 and had a good life. Why should he have to go through this? My daughter wants to accommodate his disability. We put some food on the kitchen floor, where the dog can't get it. But it's a long walk from my room to the kitchen and he can't really do it anymore. And I'm seriously concerned about the litter box issues. 

Prayers and positive thoughts welcome. 

Well, it's done. My daughter got to see how bad he was and agreed with me. I'll miss him a lot, but he's so much better off now. 

Oh Lily I'm so sorry ... it's a horrible situation to be in, but I believe you made the right choice. Nothing and nobody should be forced by others to suffer. *hugs*

I’m very sorry. It’s hard even if it’s time.

Sorry to hear that, Lilly. Hugs. 

Your cat was lucky to have you taking of him for so long. 

Thanks everyone. My other cats are 16 and two 15 year olds, so I guess It will be happening again sometime soon. They have all brought me such joy. I try to just focus on that and loving the ones I still have. 

I always hate seeing my dogs get gray. 😓

Hello there wonderful greenies,

I am looking for a home over the next week as part of becoming accepted,

I am wondering if you would have me - I will be on my best behaviour I promise :) I am a red minty after all @Taymist :) I wont spam any threads etc unless it is a game/we are all joining in and happy to do as I'm told. 

I bring this gift of tea and cakes

NegativeAnotherAvians-size_restricted.gi

Hello, Maera! I will be sending you a PM shortly.

Thanks, Ry! You be sure to let me know if she doesn't behave. Although tea and cakes is always a promising start isn't it? Have fun minty mine. :smile: The Greens are lovely, you should do just fine here so excellent choice.

(Its prettty cool in here) *sips tea*

green-living-room-feature.jpg?resize=600

On 11/20/2019 at 12:16 AM, LilyElizabeth said:

Thanks everyone. My other cats are 16 and two 15 year olds, so I guess It will be happening again sometime soon. They have all brought me such joy. I try to just focus on that and loving the ones I still have. 

I love cats and have two as well  x you can cat spam me anytime - sorry to hear about the loss of your other kitty  xx

I have 3 cats, my son has another, 3 dogs, and two birds. I just love them. 

Hello Maera! Welcome to the Green's!

I myself am just stopping by quick. Not sure when I'll be in again as work is about to get crazy with the holidays coming here soon.

Quick update: Been super stressed as our bakery manager has had some health tests come back and they don't look good. I can't quite talk about it but I'm hoping she'll be alright. With that happening, I've been promoted much sooner than anticipated. As my boss says, "It's a crisitunity" (crisis but an opportunity). But I am now on salary and with it comes all the paperwork. I feel like I'm the brain for the bakery because I'm the only one who can keeps things straight.