DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Positive thoughts that your mother heals quickly. 

There are just these seasons in life that are so hard but you will find your way through them. 

Just one day at a time.

My mom is making progress. They have stopped Dyalysis at the moment, and hoping she takes on the duties herself. The traych is working so far. Have it set up where she gets air, but she does the work. She is more alert, and though she can't talk, she can write, and write more clearly.

She has a long road ahead still. But at least she has made progress. Staying positive.

Great news. It’s really good news that she is working to get air and the machine is not doing it all!

Hoping she can stay off the dialysis.

*pokes her head in and looks around. Recognizes the faces she sees and breathes a sign of relief. Slips onto the closest couch and collapses* 

I’m here. We’re making it home. Welcome to

our new digs.

Hello! Things are good. I've come to realize that I'm a workaholic but thankfully it is with a job I greatly enjoy. Still at the bakery but we're doing some Christmas trade show's this year and I have been put in charge of them. Hopefully I'll be up to salary come the New Year :biggrin: Michael James is getting huge! He is 18 months but fits 2T clothes. He has all 8 front teeth and 4 molars, however he is currently teething all his canines at once. To say he's cranky is an understatement. His current chore that he loves to do is feed the cats their dinner. As soon as we get home, it's the first thing he tries to do. It's really cute. He loves his books and loves cars. _wolfbrother_ still is working for the same company but is more in with the construction/renovation half of it. We've started saving for a house and, finally, got life insurance policies. August was a very productive Adulting month if I say so myself!

6 hours ago, Lessa Nikia said:

Hello! Things are good. I've come to realize that I'm a workaholic but thankfully it is with a job I greatly enjoy. Still at the bakery but we're doing some Christmas trade show's this year and I have been put in charge of them. Hopefully I'll be up to salary come the New Year :biggrin: Michael James is getting huge! He is 18 months but fits 2T clothes. He has all 8 front teeth and 4 molars, however he is currently teething all his canines at once. To say he's cranky is an understatement. His current chore that he loves to do is feed the cats their dinner. As soon as we get home, it's the first thing he tries to do. It's really cute. He loves his books and loves cars. _wolfbrother_ still is working for the same company but is more in with the construction/renovation half of it. We've started saving for a house and, finally, got life insurance policies. August was a very productive Adulting month if I say so myself!

Great adulting!!!! Every time you talk about your job I can tell you really enjoy it and that is such a gift.

Michael is feeding the cats! Kids his age often just eat the cat food. Lol. Teething can be a real nightmare especially at night.

What will the shows be like?

When you have a job you love, becoming a workaholic is easy. I know through personal experience. I'm one too. I'm glad you love your job. 

What you said about Michael James reminded me of my grandson. Granted, he's a year older, but his job every night is to feed the dog. I feed the cats (or yow-yows, as he calls them) while he feeds the dog. 

Yes, tell us more about the shows. 

Gladly! So the first one is a Holiday Artisan and Gift Expo and it lasts only for one day.  It has a lot local vendors with everything they hand make. From clothes, toys, decor, baby stuff, food, etc. They also have people who represent Avon, Airborne, Mary Kay and that sort of thing. They've only had one home baker there in the past and it is going to be our first year there. My mom helps run this one and that's where most of my information comes from for it. I'm not sure how many to expect so we'll probably make too much and if we have anything left over, just take it back to the bakery to be sold there. It's on a Saturday so I'm expecting quite a few people.

The other one is much bigger. It's at the same location, a few weeks later, and takes up the entire building instead of just one pavilion. It is also a Holiday and Gift Show and has not only local vendors but also businesses. The organizers try to keep it balanced so that not the same product isn't within close distance to each other. Last year I was able to be at that one for work and it was really busy. It takes place over 2 days and we pretty much sold out of everything both days. I didn't get a chance to wander around for that one to see what else was there but it has pretty much everything. There was a spot for Christmas skits to take place and there were carolers last year as well. It will be our third year this time around and we're going to go a bit insane on our social media posting to get more people aware of it as well. Probably going to have one of the bakers making more product for us and bring it to the show about midway through to keep us stocked up.

I love going to those! You’ll have to let us know how they turn out

High Holidays for me. I’ll be in and out.

I'll be going through all the paperwork I need for them tomorrow. Was going to do it today but didn't end up going into work because we got over 2 feet of snow in the span of 36 hours. Digging my car out this morning was fun...

Mini flu here although the weather is nice. Cool.

It's mostly gone now :rolleyes: weather can't make up its mind.

I love how Twitter and the Facebook WoT groups have all collectively lost their minds about the video that was posted yesterday. I'm glad I was home when I saw it. Started to hyperventilate when I watched it I was so excited.

Posted (edited)

I'm sorry you have the flu, Ryrin. I have a cold, too. It's reaching the "coughing a lot" stage. 

Edited by LilyElizabeth

Oh no, everyone is sick! I hope you ladies feel better in the coming days. *hugs*

Headed to Renaissance Festival with my son to meet up with my "sister" and her family. Then on the way back going to stop and visit with my mom. It's been a long week and I could really use some rest, but hoping having some fun will help too.

Hope everyone is feeling a bit better. I know my allergies are acting up, but pushing through.

Oh no! The greens all sick?! 

*hands out tissues, and a grey nurse* 

Renaissance Festival sounds like fun, dar? Hope you'll get both fun and a little rest before weekend is over? (allergies are so inconvenient)