• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, Hayl3y said:

Not sure I'll do you justice though 😋

There's not much we can do here, another lock-down just started 😔

Oh no! What are the restrictions?

Only the first necessity stores are open ; kids are now out of school for two weeks and parents who aren't on holidays need to work from home if they can ; bars and restaurants are closed, and we can only have 1 visitor per week at home. 

The toughest part is not to be allowed to see our families. I haven't seen my brothers and sisters since March... and I'm not sure we'll see each other for the end of the year festivities :/

How is it at your place?

Do you have restrictions as well?

We have outdoors at the restaurants only. Stores are open but masks are required. My gym is closed inside but the heated outdoor pool is open. You must make reservations. Public schools and universities are online. Gatherings are discouraged.

On 11/3/2020 at 7:17 AM, Hayl3y said:

Only the first necessity stores are open ; kids are now out of school for two weeks and parents who aren't on holidays need to work from home if they can ; bars and restaurants are closed, and we can only have 1 visitor per week at home. 

The toughest part is not to be allowed to see our families. I haven't seen my brothers and sisters since March... and I'm not sure we'll see each other for the end of the year festivities :/

How is it at your place?

Do you have restrictions as well?

Same situation here in Italy, expecially in my region (Lombardy). Everything closed, excpet for food and pharmacies. Restaurants and bars can only giveaway. Only little children go to school, from the 7th class they study by internet.

I hope these measures won't last too long.

My two youngest got two weeks of holidays instead of the usual 1 for the fall vacations. So, I'm a bit scared for next week 😅 I'll have homework with them around, and that includes a lot of virtual meetings. Gonna have to be creative and find activities for them to do when I'm busy.

Hope everyone is doing ok.

My son is doing online courses this year. Part of the school is in person. Well, school is now "officially" on-line for everyone until the end if November at least, since there are now apparently 5 cases at the school. My son goes to a small district, so 5 cases is substantial.

I'm still WFH and trying to make the most of it. Just so tired.

I just went swimming. Our outside gym is open. Heated pool but cold when you get out.

I did a lot of stuff around the house yesterday. Cleaned out the fridge.

• 4 weeks later...

*pokes head in and looks around. dashes to the bar and grabs a bottle of whiskey. Casually pours herself a glass*

Hello all. Hope you've all been well.

12 hours ago, Elgee said:

Those definitely look good! The crumbed things are chicken? Deep or pan fried?

Nope. Latkes. Potato pancakes fried in oil.

3 hours ago, Dar'Jen Ab Owain said:

That does look yummy.

They were!