DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Oh, we are here. Never doubt that. 😉

you sneaky little...... 

how have you guys been doing?

Between work and school and taking over some of my daughter's responsibilities (like cooking, ugh!) I'm very busy and sometimes overwhelmed. Otherwise, I'm doing well. How are you?

Thanks for asking. I wasn't going public with this yet, but I'm so excited and you did ask. She's expecting and feels horrible. It's baby #2, who will have an older brother - 4 years older. We're hoping for a girl, but a healthy baby of either gender will be more than welcomed. As sick as she is, she says this is the last time she's doing it. 

On 9/2/2020 at 2:37 AM, LilyElizabeth said:

Thanks for asking. I wasn't going public with this yet, but I'm so excited and you did ask. She's expecting and feels horrible. It's baby #2, who will have an older brother - 4 years older. We're hoping for a girl, but a healthy baby of either gender will be more than welcomed. As sick as she is, she says this is the last time she's doing it. 

HOW did I miss this😲 congrats to you all❤❤❤ 🤗  

I missed you all, too. I tried to get on when DM was down. 

Thanks for the congratulations. I think we have another week or two to find out the gender of the little munchkin. They do it very early now. 

the last two weeks have been pretty difficult for me. Prior to that, I had my sister and brother in law visit. We went to the lake twice, up into Sequoia National Park once, and to the coast once. So much fun. We had dinners at my house too. My sister has always had a fear of the water and never learned how to swim. I put her in a kayak life vest and dragged her all the way to the swim buoy. It's my immediate family tradition to swim out to the buoy as soon as we get to the lake. My sister loved being so far out in the water.

Then I hurt my back. I don't know how. It was incredibly painful, almost like both before and after surgery. I took it very easy and ate muscle relaxants for the spasms. It has mostly resolved. 

Today was fun too. my husband went cycling and I swam laps at the pool. We drove up into the mountains and had a late lunch. I just finished a study with my Rabbi on Zoom.

Hi Greens 🖐️. Thought I would stop in and say hello! Congrats @LilyElizabeth for the new grandchild! Thoughts are going out to your daughter for better health. Same for you, @Ryrin...hope your back is doing better.

Personally, I am doing well. I've gotten back into dancing the last couple of weeks, and though I'm loving it, my knees aren't so much! But with some time and strength training, I think they'll be ok. Fingers crossed! Outside that, I've become a Mary Kay consultant, volunteered some time here at DM, and started teaching an acting class. Life has become busy, even in the midst of COVID, but I'm loving every minute of it.

Welcome, Phaedra. Hope you enjoy your visit to the Green Ajah.

What sort of dancing? I'm not much into "modern" concept of dancing, but I do enjoy 19th century dancing. I'm particularly fond of the Virginia Reel.

I'm mostly a jazz dancer, but I also do modern, tap, hip-hop, ballet, Persian, and some ballroom.

Hi Phaedra! Welcome to the Green Ajah! We're pretty much open books around here, so ask whatever you'd like to know. 

Thank you for the congrats! I just hope my daughter can get through the next 6 months. Pregnancy is rough on her. It was on me, too. She had blood drawn yesterday for genetic testing and we'll also find out the baby's gender, so that's cool. 

I think it's really cool that you dance so many styles. Personally, I have two left feet, but I can sing, so that kind of makes up for it. 

Rhea of the whites also sells Mary Kay, I think. You might want to chat with her. 

The Mary Kay thing is something to do for fun 😄. I like their skin care products, and I like hosting/giving parties for fun girls nights. Building a business and actually doing something with it is not on the agenda.

Dancing, singing, fishing, and horseback riding are prolly my top four favorite things to do (though I also run). Dancing and singing led to my love of musical theatre. 

@LilyElizabeth: as a sister of karaoke, what are your go to karaoke songs?

I have over 300 songs that I sing, so it's hard to narrow it down. I sing a lot of Pat Benatar and the Carpenters (I'm very much an alto). Also a lot of assorted country. 

What do you sing?

EDIT - I forgot Foreigner and Chicago. I like to do them, too. My naughty side comes out when I sing Hot Blooded. 

Edited by LilyElizabeth

300??! WOW. Impressive! I have no idea how many songs I sing, but it's nowhere near that 🙂. I'd say I'm more of a mezzo-soprano. I have a pretty good belt, so Pat Benatar and Laura Brannigan are a couple of go-tos of mine. I also do Journey, Jefferson Airplane's "White Rabbit", and am working on Heart's "Barracuda". Yes, I do showtunes frequently (if anyone's noticed, a few of my thread titles are plays on show songs 😄), as well as Disney songs ("How Far I'll Go" is my current favorite).

I've never tried any Journey, I do sing White Rabbit, and I love Barracuda. I think I used to sing that one, but my voice isn't what it used to be. I probably don't have 300 songs anymore, but that's what I used to sing. I haven't done karaoke in a long time. I need to set up my system and do some singing at home. I am lucky to have a professional system, although it is terribly outdated. It uses the CD+G's rather than being computerized. 

13 hours ago, LilyElizabeth said:

I've never tried any Journey, I do sing White Rabbit, and I love Barracuda. I think I used to sing that one, but my voice isn't what it used to be. I probably don't have 300 songs anymore, but that's what I used to sing. I haven't done karaoke in a long time. I need to set up my system and do some singing at home. I am lucky to have a professional system, although it is terribly outdated. It uses the CD+G's rather than being computerized. 

My husband used to front a cover band, so we have some pretty good sound equipment as well. He owns his own business, and we have it all setup in the back. Since bars are closed, we've just been going to his shop to have our own little karaoke parties. Talk about the best rotation!! 🤣 We just pull everything we want to sing off Youtube.