DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I’m heading nowhere and I’m jealous of your scones. 🤣

So, I saw a dietician the other day. I like her. We're going to have a good relationship. after discussing my diet and my goals in detail, she asked me to tell her two things I was going to change right now.  I gave her these two:

1. I would stop drinking so much soda. Two cans a day now. 

2. I would stop picking up fast food every day for lunch and take my lunch to work 3 days a week. (We discussed better fast food choices for those other days.)

I'm excited. I'm only aiming for losing five pounds a month for a year. That's 60 pounds. I'll be happy with that. I never wanted to be skinny, just healthy. 

I’ve cut down on sodas but when I do drink them I drink diet. It’s an acquired taste.

We used to eat out at lunch almost every day. Then, I switched to 1/2 hour lunch so I brought stuff. One of my friends and I used to switch off and bring lunch for both of us on different days.

I follow some health foodies on Instagram and they have great ideas for making 4 lunches on Sunday. They you could go out Friday. I don’t mind eating the same thing for lunch for a couple of days.

I seldom drink soda. If I do, it's a treat.

Trying to take better lunches. Finding a compromise between healthy and cheap.

Will be happier when it's daylight longer. Miss walking after work. And with the weather, walking outside has been a challenge period.

Unfortunately, I'm allergic to most artificial sweeteners, so diet is not an option for me. But I did great yesterday having only two pepsis.

Good for you, Lily. (I would have pegged you as a sweet tea drinker, personally.)

Brown-bagging lunches saves money. Figure a fast-food lunch is about ten bucks, versus two or three dollars for something brought from home. Call it forty bucks a week back into your pocket.

If it were me, I'd set up a reward system. Every day I pack a lunch, I transfer eight dollars into a designated savings account for something fun. At the end of a year, I'd have up to two thousand dollars plus interest, enough to take a very nice vacation, or make a down payment on a new car, or get super gifts for the family, or...

Yes, saving money is another good reason to make the changes. 

I do love sweet tea, too. I'm just addicted to Pepsi with real sugar. 

I wish I knew you when I was working, James. You provide a great argument for bringing lunch.

Lily, have you tried monk fruit as a sweetener?

How is everyone’s week going?

I took my first painting class today.

Painting class sounds very enjoyable.

Hope you are doing better with the soda in take, Lily.

My week has been very long. At least it's Wednesday.

Half way done, DJ. Tell us about work.

I work for an insurance company. Homes, collector vehicles, etc. Most of my calls are with agents on either eligibility questions or assistance with the quoting system. Some are easy, like an insured wanting to make a payment. But this week, there's been a lot more calls and a lot of them have been "weird" calls, just questions that I've never heard. I enjoy the research aspect of the job, but each call is only supposed to take so long. When there's an issue, it goes over because of trying to resolve the issue.

Fun times.

I'm glad you're enjoying painting, Ryrin. 

I am doing well with the soda intake. Only two a day every day. Even though I had my second one at 10am yesterday and gave myself permission to have a third one (bad day), I never did. I am noticing some occasional headaches, though. 

Your job sounds interesting, DJ. 

I have some potential good news. I gave my transcript and my updated resume to my program director yesterday, who forwarded them to HR. It is possible that I already qualify for a case management position and I will definitely qualify by March. It depends on how they interpret my classes. There is a position open that I want, and another that I want less, but would still be happy with. I may be getting my promotion sooner than expected. I thought it was going to be May but it may not be. With an increased mortgage payment after I buy the new house, I sure can use the extra money, and case management is what I am going to school for - my end goal, so to speak. 

On the house front, it's looking like I will have a pre-qualification letter soon and be able to start looking at homes. Prayers and stuff would be appreciated on both fronts. 

And if that's not enough good news, I'm buying a new refrigerator Friday night after work. Our old one is rather pathetic, and we weren't taking it with us anyway. So, it's time for the new one. I can't wait! Nothing terribly fancy, just a side-by-side with ice and water in the door. 

Okay, update.

Either I read the qualifications wrong, or they changed them, but I need one more year of employment in the field to get the promotion. I'm disappointed on that front.

However, I just spoke with the lender, and we are getting our pre-qualification letter and can start house shopping. The payment will be a little more than I'm comfortable with, but it's what we have to do, I guess. 

Well, it is disappointing but a year will go by fast.

Congrats on the house!

We went on a really nice bike ride today.

ixpM6KX.jpg?1

I'm heading to a Super Bowl party tomorrow.

3 hours ago, LilyElizabeth said:

After some countering back and forth, I got the house!

that's absolutely wonderful!! Oh my word you must be so excited 😁