DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Mrs. Cindy Gill

The all new 100,000 post thread!

5 hours ago, Mrs. Cindy Gill said:

I know... I'm looking up mango cake recipes right now. I think we'll just have  berries and ice cream tonight cause it's way too hot for baking.

mmmmmm mango

9 hours ago, Dar'Jen Ab Owain said:

I'm baking banana muffins right now. All this yummy food discussion has made me hungry and want to bake.

I always get hungry after reading the BT threads. Banana muffins sounds delicious.

I have another two and a half week off. I really like my work but it´s just wonderful with some free time. 

24 minutes ago, Niniel said:

I have another two and a half week off. I really like my work but it´s just wonderful with some free time. 

You guys start early. I have my first day Aug 15th, and the kids arrive Aug 20th.

Yes. We start seven days before the kids. That is actually unusual. We usually work more before they arrive. I don´t have any classes the first week though. 

When is your usual first and last day of school? Our school year is usually from Aug 15-20th to June 20-25th.

I think that this school year is Aug 20th to June 12th. But it changes between where you live and private schools can make some changes (as long as there are the right amount of school days). 

2 hours ago, Niniel said:

I think that this school year is Aug 20th to June 12th. But it changes between where you live and private schools can make some changes (as long as there are the right amount of school days). 

Yeah, same in terms of school days. 

Keep spamming guys. We didn't mean to take over with a school discussion.

Btw, I love watching these classroom makeover videos on youtube, even though there's nothing similar to what I can do in a class on there. 

They are quite entertaining, and at the same time kinda sad. These teachers are spending their own money on decorating their rooms and getting class material for the kids. So many classrooms in the US are crowdfunded now, it's ridiculous. 

I suppose I would do more in terms of decorating and stuff as well if I had a classroom that was "mine". 

My sister used to love setting up her classroom. She built trees, bought furniture, set up reading nooks. Now she works with individual students when she can and can't stand classes.

I don’t have any saying when it comes to decorations since I don’t have my own classroom. 

Working with individual students is very rewarding. You notice the steps forward so much faster. 

Our kids' parents get a message after maximum 10 minutes if they haven't gotten to school. And that goes for coming late to class as well.

So tonight we're having smashburgers. I was gonna use the English muffins but I figured, eh, might as well make hamburger buns. So those are rising. Onions are sautéed, special sauce is made, lettuce washed, tomatoes sliced, bacon in the oven.

Sourdough looked like it wanted feeding so I've got a batch of dough fermenting which could be bread or maybe pizza, we'll see.

and now I'm really tired.