DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Mrs. Cindy Gill

The all new 100,000 post thread!

10 hours ago, Niniel said:

They are (among others) my comfort books when I’m sick or feeling down

Exactly!

What book are you waiting for? Yeah I can't find any other books that fancies me atm😛 Podcast..anything interesting?

Niniel ordered Warbreaker because I said its recommended to read it before Words of Radiance.

On 8/1/2020 at 2:38 AM, Lavandula said:

Exactly!

What book are you waiting for? Yeah I can't find any other books that fancies me atm😛 Podcast..anything interesting?

If you need a podcast, you can listen to The Legendarium Podcast.

17 hours ago, Illian Tear said:

Niniel ordered Warbreaker because I said its recommended to read it before Words of Radiance.

*Googlechmoogles* now that sounds interesting... It's a series? I will have to write that one behind my ear for a later date (my head wouldn't be capable of reading HP right now even, if I hadn't read it before sigh), that actually sounds interesting! 

Well Words of Radiance is book 2 of a series(The Stormlight Archive) while Warbreaker is currently a standalone.

Both are by Brandon Sanderson.

I'm still waiting for Warbreaker. Grrrr.... Niniel is getting angry and are prepared to send her babies to the book company any day now. 😞  (Apparently she is starting to talk in third person when she gets angry too. 😄 )

What is that podcast about?

I have started to listen to some WoT YouTubers recently. The Dusty Wheel had a great episode about metaphysics in the WoT and also one about Nakomi. Both made me re-think some things about WoT, which is fun after all these years.

Definitely. They have this thing called the 3 levels of reading.

Level 1: just the flat enjoyment of the story/action.

Level 2: philosophy, or how it can change your life.

Level 3: social commentary.

Or, at least I think that's what they are.