DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Which actors should play the main characters?

KingRodel

Which actors should play the main characters?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Perrin Aybara

• Noah Centineo
    • Logan Lerman
    • Alexander Ludwig
    • Other
  2. 2. Rand al'Thor

• Ansel Elgort
    • Liam Hemsworth
    • Jeremy Irvine
    • George MacKay
    • Other
  3. 3. Matrim Cauthon

• Robbie Kay
    • David Mazouz
    • Dylan O'Brien
    • Other

6 hours ago, DemandredFO said:

Haven't heard of most of them but if any of them are over 25, they're probably too old to last 8 seasons max, unless they film back to back

Yes. That's a problem with many possible actors. They'll probably cast unknowns, but I figured a poll of the big name contenders might be fun.

You aren't gonna get known actors.  They are gonna go with unknowns for the main cast, other than Moiraine.  You might get a well known actor in a small role, such as Tam,

Or perhaps in a role which will be killed off a couple seasons in, but gets little direct screen time, such as Ishmael.  (he appears mostly in dreams in the first two books, and then dies in book 3.) I would l love to see them use a well know start for Ishy and then switch to a unknown for moridin.  It would be interesting to see how many people who haven't read the series can catch on that it's the same character in a new body..  

It's not likely they cast a huge name for any of the characters that stay in the series for all the seasons. It would be too big of a commitment for the actors and would probably limit the options by a great deal. For Moiraine a big name was a good catch, but for others, especially Rand, Mat, Perrin, Egwene, Elayne, Nynaeve and Lan I don't see it likely. 

As far as I know Lena Headey and Peter Dinklage took a big portion of each episodes budget in the last seasons and knowing that, I'd imagine following series would want to avoid same happening. 

GOT was smart by getting unknowns for most of the roles, and then some known, but not hugely famous actors to play some of the parts.  

Sean Bean and Mark Addy were likely the two most well known actors in season one, and they both died that season.  

Peter Dinklege had done a few movies, but wasn't a household name until GOT got big.

Charles Dance, who played Tywin was a famous stage actor, but was never really big in general.