DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

July Chitter Chatter (2019)

Ryrin

I love smoked fish! We tried to fish a bit last night at the lake in the park before the fireworks, but they only bit of shoreline that was mowed down enough to get to the water on the side we were at was the peninsula that was blocked off for the fireworks set-up. So, we will fish another day. ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2019 at 7:06 AM, LadyWordsmith said:

I love smoked fish! We tried to fish a bit last night at the lake in the park before the fireworks, but they only bit of shoreline that was mowed down enough to get to the water on the side we were at was the peninsula that was blocked off for the fireworks set-up. So, we will fish another day. ?

They just started using worms and were catching fish. Ditch the Power Bait. My husband got a new Traeger smoker when we went to the Home Show. We got a really good deal and love the smoker. He even smoked hamburgers.

1 hour ago, Cross said:

ugh i've been in such a creative slump of blah. i need out!

Do something fun just for the heck of it!

Those look great Ryrin! What are you going to make with them? ?

Survived the last of three (oy) sessions of dental work to get my poor teeth back in completely working order. Totally worth it in the long run, but today we numbed the front top left 'and' the entire right central/lower jaw of my face and worked on teeth in three quadrants (the top right did not require numbing.) At least it's all done before the school year starts up again soon!  Now I just need to try and finish all the house projects I wanted to do before school is back in session. 

I hate dental work! Good thing to get it done before you go back to work. There never is enough time to get everything done.

The peppers go in stir frys and salads. I like to roast the green beans.

Today it's watermelons!

UnlsEiy.jpg?1

Mmmm... love roasted green beans! And stir fry....and salad. Okay most anything delicious with veggies. ? Oooh watermelon! 

I really hope when we move whatever yard we get has better soil than this patch of barren weed-loving wasteland I've been living on. If not I'm investing in those deep bed-boxes, because I love gardening when the things I grow don't die all the time despite being cared for. Still working away on preparing the house for market. I have done so much repainting back to neutrals this summer (thought 'neutrals' have seriously upgraded in how varied that is since I was a kid. The 'gray' they sell in pre-mixed neutrals I used in my bathroom is more of a very pale slate blue.) Though most rooms needed a fresh paint upgrade anyway, so I don't mind doing all that work. 

My friend, who is a great gardener, said she was jealous about my soil. We only spread ground up egg shells like she does for calcium. 

Her whole yard is set up for gardening. We’ve decided that next year (I’ll still have my patch at my house) that my husband and I, along with she and another friend, will set up a “community garden” at her house. We will get so much food! Tons of tomatoes!

I love tomatoes. They are one of the few things my son doesn't like raw though. lol. (He will eat them in just about anything if they aren't completely raw though). I would like to try growing avocados, sweet peppers, some fresh herbs. The local farmer's market shows up with a lot of different zucchini, squash, spinach, onions etc during the year, so they must be able to grow here if I can get it right. What I would really like to get growing is fruit. Blackberries grow here. Blueberries grow well here in large pots (the berry farm we went to actually had an entire field of them 'in pots'). 

It was miserable here last week until a cold front coming in Monday knocked it down to the high-80s for a couple of days. Rest of the week will be 90s, but at least it won't be back up above 100 for a bit! Also, our Air Conditioner has new refrigerant, and is much happier. ?

• Club Leader

I hear that! I'm getting my a/c in the car fixed Saturday. It blows cold most of the time, so I'm not totally miserable. I just can't turn the fan all the way up or it stops blowing cold. It also doesn't work so well when the temperature is over 105 degrees.