DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

#WoTWednesday Q&A

I'm thinking it's going to be that, and that the reason it got postponed is that something didn't quite go through completely (either a contract didn't get fully signed or somebody may have had a prior engagement).    Hopefully we get the big five plus maybe a couple of others (Min, Lan, etc).

Yeah some of these scenes and characters are going be hard without inner monologues, like I just relistened to TOM and Perrin making his hammer(won't try spelling) will be hard without the monologue because have the reason that's an epic scene is his narration. Also some of the comic relief comes from the inner monologues especially all them realizing Moiraine and Nyneave can dance and turning into stumbling idiots from shock.

On 8/8/2019 at 2:28 PM, DemandredFO said:

Yeah some of these scenes and characters are going be hard without inner monologues, like I just relistened to TOM and Perrin making his hammer(won't try spelling) will be hard without the monologue because have the reason that's an epic scene is his narration. Also some of the comic relief comes from the inner monologues especially all them realizing Moiraine and Nyneave can dance and turning into stumbling idiots from shock.

I know it almost certainly wont be done this way, but couldn't they just hanlde thisproblem  by having a narator explain "and then Perrin was shocked to find himself dancing with the intimidating Aes Sedai"?

Just have it be the same voice which does the "Some wind blew around and stuff hasppened" intro narration.

Also, am I the only person who thinks it'd be nifty if they used an older sounding version of Loial's voice? Not sure how you make an Ogier sound older, but that just allows for more creative freedom, and Loial did write the book on the WoT so using an altered version of his voice to narrate would track thematically.

Wait, what did I just write? "And he did write the book on the", oh my, might Loial have been a however stylized Jordan self-insert? Hardly tracks with what he shared about his younger days, but everyone has deeper thoughts, and even Loial had a scary place one best not take him.