DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Greetings! I am also "new but old"

I just registered.  As noted in another thread, I actually used to visit here years ago, after CoT but before KoD.  It has been a long time.  Hope that all are well.

I am doing a re-read and also perusing the Companion for the first time.  The Ajimbura entry made me chuckle.  My re-read is selective and jumping around, a lot.  

Welcome back! I'm guessing you had a different name back then? I hope you're enjoying the re-read. :smile: Feel free to make yourself at home. There are lots of pinned threads with useful information in the various Social Groups' public boards and failing that, there's normally someone about to answer questions. 

I did have a different name back then but was unable to remember it.  Thanks and yes, I am enjoying the re-read.  It is interesting how I have warmed to certain characters and grown cool(er) towards others.  I am definitely more a fan of Cadsuane and Moridin these days and less enthusiastic about Perrin (Faile!)and midseries Rand (Ilyena!).  Also I really appreciate post-TGS (veins of gold) Rand more now.

I started out high on Nynaeve and just get higher on her.  One of my all-time favorite characters from fiction.

Interesting choices. My two favourite characters were always Verin and Aviendha. I had a soft spot for both Thom and Mat too. I must admit my initial liking for Perrin waned over the course of the series, largely due to Faile whom I utterly detested start to finish. I was never a fan of any of the 3 girls but I do like Min.