DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Casting Rumors

JenniferL

It's certainly an interesting choice.  Height is a factor, but if they cast Rand as his actual height I don't think it should be that much of an issue.  I really want to see how she can work alongside a character that is a hothead (aka Nynaeve) and play off that.

Oh dear. I love her as an actress, and I think she would make an amazing Cads, or even Morgase, or Amys, but just ... not Moiraine. Why oh why must they kick off by "whitewashing" a character who's always seemed more Asian by description? You don't get more "perfect porcelain doll" than Asian women. This does not bode well for the rest of the casting. Just my humble opinion.

4 hours ago, Elgee said:

Oh dear. I love her as an actress, and I think she would make an amazing Cads, or even Morgase, or Amys, but just ... not Moiraine. Why oh why must they kick off by "whitewashing" a character who's always seemed more Asian by description? You don't get more "perfect porcelain doll" than Asian women. This does not bode well for the rest of the casting. Just my humble opinion.

Really, I viewed her more as either French or Italian/Byzantine Greek

5 hours ago, Elgee said:

She never ever even remotely came across as Asian to me. In fact she mostly came across as French. Pike looks very much like I have always pictured her. 

Rosamund Pike is a great choice for Moraine. She is taller than in the books, but that should not be an issue. Her height never really plays any significance in the story. Cairhien does seem somewhat like France...Just look at the book covers for more clarity. 

Edited by Hawaii Rod

18 hours ago, Elgee said:

10 hours ago, DemandredFO said:

Moiraine isn't asian, if they cast Faile as white or TR people as white then be concerned.

Asians != dwarfs.

And yes, Faile is white. Davram is white, Deira is white - their EYES are dark, that's true.

On 6/18/2019 at 2:23 PM, Elgee said:

Moiraine is not asian by any stretch of the imagination.  She is from Cairhien, which is a country that is almost completely white.  There is nothing in any physical description of Moiraine that even remotely points to her being asian in any way shape or form.  She is said to have large eyes, brown hair, and pale skin.  

I hope they get someone big to play Ishy.  Since the actor would only be in a few seasons, it would be possible to have them on the show, and then replace them with a lesser known actor once Ishy is dead, and ressurrected as Moridin.  

Michael Fassbender would be an amazing Ishy.  Having him on there as a primary antagonist for a few seasons would draw A LOT of eyes.  It's the sort of thing that Amazon might be willing to plurge for.  I saw a picture someone made with himwith flames in his eyes and mouth,and it gave me goosebumps.

Edited by Dagon Thyne

On 6/21/2019 at 4:57 PM, DemandredFO said:

Saldean eyes sound like asian to me, RJ mixed ethnicity up so not all casting will exactly match the books I'm thinking

No, he mixed CULTURE up.  Not ethnicity.  He stated clearly that Saldeans are the equivlent of North Africans when it comes to ethnicity.  He was very clear on what ethnicities each region was based on.  Then he mixed different cultures into each region as well.  

Andor and Cairhien are based on England and France.  They, along with Tear,are among the only nations which are based on a single country.  Tear being Spanish in both ethnicity and culture.  

• 1 month later...