DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Howdy all

Yruc

Just wanted to say howdy and introduce myself.   

I'm over 40 and live in the mid-west.  I got started on the Wheel of Time series from the cover of Eye of the World. I love fantasy books and it looked interesting and the jacket description was enough to get me to buy it and I have been a fan ever since.

I heard about the forthcoming tv series and it rekindled my interest in the books, so I'm currently re-reading them.  This time through I am listening to the audio-books and following along in the books.  I am finding out I was wrong on so many different pronunciations when I read the series ? 

One of my favorite things about the books isn't in-between the covers of the books, but at a job I had.  Back in the day (mid 90's), I used to work at a bookstore, in a mall, and every time I was asked for a book recommendation, I would always recommend Eye of the World.  I hooked so many people on the Wheel of Time books it was crazy.  A co-worker complained that I was ordering so many Robert Jordan books and the manager just said, that's fine, he keeps selling them and people keep coming back for the next books.  I would get people thanking me for turning them on to the Wheel of Time.  It was a good time.

Hopefully Amazon's adaptation of Wheel of Time will be on par with Game of Thrones quality (minus the water bottle and coffee cups)

Thanks

Yruc

Hello, Yruc.

I too found Robert Jordan while working in a mall bookstore in the mid-west. Book Four had just been published when a co-worker turned me on to them, and I recommended them as often as I could to customers.

Be sure to check out the social groups, and welcome to Dragonmount.