DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Mairoh

Sweet nostalgia

So I have just started to reread WoT, thanks in part to my excitement about the upcoming tv show, and also from watching youtube channels like Daniel Greene. I spent three hours searching through boxes for them (we have a very small house, with no room for books, so they've been sitting in storage, poor things), and was pleased to see that they're still in good condition, minus a cover sleeve or two. It's been something like 15 years since I've read them, and I haven't gotten too far in yet (barely into the first chapter of EotW), but my first impression is....

Oh my goodness, do I love the prologue! It hooks you, draws you in so well, and I can still remember how I felt reading it the first time. So great! I can't wait to get further in to the series.

Another thing I can remember, now that I'm rereading, is how I used to take extensive notes to try and figure out what each word of the old tongue meant. And now there's a whole section dedicated to that on the encyclopedia WoT. Lol...if only I'd had that back then 😉 

On 5/20/2019 at 10:52 AM, Mairoh said:

Another thing I can remember, now that I'm rereading, is how I used to take extensive notes to try and figure out what each word of the old tongue meant. And now there's a whole section dedicated to that on the encyclopedia WoT. Lol...if only I'd had that back then 😉 

Oh my word I did exactly that from my 2nd reread (when the 1st 4 or 5 books were out), but of the characters and their clothing, to try and figure out some of the hints. Only realised a few rereads later that the lists were at the back of each book 😛