DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hello

sion

Hi all,

Only a few weeks ago I was introduced to the works of Mr Jordan. I have read 9 books so far and it was one of the best experiences I had in my life. Remember when you could not lay down a book because it was too excited to read ? Remember reading using a flashlight at night because it was past your bedtime. That is the feeling reading his works brought me, and I am eternally gratefull for that.

I just hope I will be able to read the last book, part 12, when it comes out. My medical situation is grim and I may not have enough time left in this world to read the final chapter. I just hope you guys do and whatever happens I hope Mr Jordan will be able to complete his mythical series. Peace.

Bart

Guest Emperor

sion, I am sorry to hear about your medical situation and hope you get to finish the series. Welcome to DM. Check out all the orgs if you want but I would send you to Seanchan, Band and Illuminators if you want to have a good time.

Guest Egwene

Take some courage from RJ's story, Sion. By all accounts it is a miracle he is still with us. Take our best wishes that you too will beat the odds.

As for your description of the reading experience... SO TRUE!!! Though being all grown-up now, I was able to read until the early morning hours with a proper light *g*. Watch out on the book discussion boards. You may want to have a look at the info thread on this board for ideas on how to circumnavigate the spoilers that you will find there.

Seems my earlier reply is gone.. Dont worry about me I will be on.

No spoiler can spoil the experience of reading RJ's books, even if the 'end result' is known, the way to get there never is. And thats more then half the fun !

Bart

Guest Barmacral

Haha, welcome to DM! Around a group likes us I'm sure you'll find plenty of instances to laugh, and you'll make it through to book 12 no problem. :D

welcome to DM! *hugs* ... i'm sorry to hear about your situation, but the way you shared it & then continued your enthusiasm over WoT is endearing & inspirational. i hope you have as much fun as it is humanly possible here. i know laughs help with things like this, & Light willing you'll find some sort of solace in the midst of everyone's friendly craziness.

i agree wholeheartedly with empy's recommendations about which places to check out. you just can't go wrong with empy.

fiddlesticks if you like to spam, whatever form that spam may take for you & if you can handle the penguin tower onslaughts. illuminators if you have any creative energy whatsoever. & band if you have good sense. though every place here would be delighted to have you visit, i'm sure.

Thanks all for the response. My situation is grim, I have courage facing it and I cannot compare it to anyone's, not RJ's either. That is not meant disrespectfull, some things are impossible to compare.

I will check the other forum parts and I surely am confused on some of them at this point. I do not think I will be able to read chapter 12, I have too little time left to wait for the publishing I am afraid, time will tell. As the Wheel... nevermind.

Bart

I see introduction posts with ten fold the reply on mine. I guess you do not like to see reality' date=' how life is for some of us. Your loss, go hide in shame [/quote']

i have no idea how i should take that, honestly. how did you come to that conclusion? the number of posts an intro thread has is dependent on many factors, one of which is the amount of time it's been around. it isn't a gauge of popularity or anything, much as some joke (& maybe like to pretend) that it is.

Welcome first of all.

Secondly, Most welcome threads don't have more than a page or so of welcoming. The rest is just idle chatter that was gathered over days, even weeks. Another thing, Alot of DMs members are world wide, and everyone is not on at one time. BTW, one of the things that people are pushed away by here is other people being judgemental.

Just so you don't think your the only one... I was only welcomed here initially by 2 people... I had to bring my thread back months later, and jokingly force more people to welcome me :wink: .

• 3 weeks later...

First of all appologies for the twisted way this thread developed earlier, due to my illness there are moments where I wish I refrained from being active online and posting, since at times regret the things I said. That will be no worry of yours since this most likely will be my last post on these boards.

I read on the main site that book 12 of the Wheel of Time series is expected somewhere in 2009. That will be too late for me, I will not be able to read how the story ends and it makes me feel sad. I have beaten the odds with my medical situation for quite a while now and I cannot expect more delays. There is a small chance I will enjoy a 2008 new year, but beyond that it is grim.

I finished book 11 a few days ago and I am restarting to read the series. This time I will read much slower and enjoy the books in a different way. The first time I read the books I rushed through some parts since I got so excited and caught up in the story I did not care about all side tales. But that has passed and I realise I can enjoy these books again a second time through. I still feel sad about the last book, but such is life.

There is no need to be sad, I enjoyed my time, and most of all I loved the books more then anything I have ever read. RJ you are the best storyteller out there.

Guest Stefania Sedai

Welcome to DM, scion. I hope that we provide an occasional escape from reality and that you will find many reasons on here to laugh.

And have patience. You're welcome thread will grow as more and more DMers have the opportunity to get online and say "hi". Plus, sometimes the longer threads are full of spam. I think that your thread should be full of well wishes and encouragement!

Sion, Welcome to Dragonmount. Thank you for sharing your situation it must have taken alot to say those things. I hope that you will be able to keep going until the 12th book comes out and beyond.

Come and visit all the orgs, you will meet some really lovely people a long the way and we would be more than happy to see you there.

Enjoy the re-read. Do you like any other fantasy books, what other things do you like to do. We would love to know more about you.

*hugggles* and I hope you enjoy your time here, how ever long it maybe.... :D

*hugs Sion*

A big hello from Australia and welcome Sion - I join with the others in sending you love and well wishes!

We are all bound together in this life - not only by our love of RJ and his works :wink: but our sense of humanity, caring and acceptance of others and I've found that to be the case on this site.

Thank you for sharing with us your story - I truly hope it's not the last time you share with us - and I wish you strength, courage and love along the path you take.

Archived