DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
DragonFairy

Could we get "like" option for posts like in FB?

18 hours ago, DragonFairy said:

But the rules say not to do that.

What rules where?

It depends which boards you're talking about, @DragonFairy. The official debates and discussions boards certainly have rules on posting. Without actually checking them, I suspect they're there to ensure no spamming and that everyone's posts contribute something constructive to the conversation. The Social Groups however are fairly lenient on what you can post and, unless it's an official sticky thread or Roll Call, it's perfectly fine to post saying that you agree. 

We don't provide "Like" and "Karma" buttons for various reasons. It can contribute to online bullying. It can also simply lead to people who don't receive "approval" of their posts feeling left out or ignored. I believe it was tried long ago and really doesn't work well in the kind of community we have here. We'd rather encourage people to have actual conversations and interactions. There's always the option to post a message on someone's profile or drop them a private message if you feel that strongly about letting them know you agree with their comments. I'm sure they'd appreciate it. :smile:

On 5/3/2019 at 4:15 AM, DragonFairy said:

I think I saw it in the rules for the Structured WoT Discussion.

Aah yes. Well, I hope you can enjoy the boards regardless 🙂

On 5/4/2019 at 6:29 AM, Elgee said:

Aah yes. Well, I hope you can enjoy the boards regardless 🙂

Oh, I do. I would enjoy them even more if the thread for the tv show was more active.

Give it a little time 😉

The closer we get to the show, the more excitement will be around and folks will flock back to chat about it.