DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

DM News:JordanCon Anthology Author: Sarah Sover

Mashiara Sedai

• Community Administrator

JordanCon 11 kicks off this Friday afternoon!  I can’t wait to mingle with other Wheel of Time fans.  It’s like a family reunion getting to see familiar faces and meeting new additions.  If you’re able to be in attendance, don’t forget to check out the Anthology signing session on Sunday morning at 10:00!

Our last interview is with Sarah Sover, talking about her submission “A Faerie Tale.”

First, can you tell us about your writing?  Is this your first published work?

I write fantasy hybrids, but this is my only short story so far. My debut novel, a comedic fantasy about grog-chugging trolls pulling a perilous heist, releases in September. So this is my first published work of fiction by 5 months!

Where does your story fall on the speculative fiction scale?

Fantasy meets Horror.

What excited you the most with writing this story?

The most exciting part has been discovering that there are people who appreciate my deranged brain-children. My weird stories finding a place to exist in the world is something I never actually thought would happen, let alone twice in one year. As exciting as the actual writing is, that beats it all, hands-down. And working with Robyn Huss. She’s amazing.

Are there any themes you want readers to get a sense of?

I’m going to have to go with the dangers of messing with forces beyond comprehension and flat out nihilism. For my work as a whole, there’s a definite baby-eating theme.

Is there a specific inspirational source you used for this story?

An image popped into my head and remained there for an entire day, so I had to jot it down. The story grew from that black-and-white picture and sat on my desktop, untouched, until I saw the call for submissions two days before the deadline.

What else would you like to say to your readers?

I’m thrilled to have my story featured in this Anthology alongside the works of some fantastic authors. I hope you’ll check out Double-Crossing the Bridge in the fall, and, as always, #BewareTheGoats. You can find me on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook @SarahJSover.

View full news item