DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
LilyElizabeth

April Chitter Chatter

Agreed. Warmer weather. Not having to lug a heavy coat around everywhere I go for the one percent of the day I'm outdoors.

I also like more sunshine in the evenings.

Yes! Having more sunshine definitely makes my life better. I can't wait until the sun stays up until 9:00pm. I get so much more done after work when there's daylight. 

JordanCon & the local Yarn Crawl. Ren Fair. My birthday... so usually Birthday Con. 

Of which only one of those things is happening this year because it's generally unavoidable to miss a birthday. 😞

Oh, I've felt terrible. Very bad asthma and I had to go on steroids. Hopefully on the mend.

I hope you feel better soon Ryrin! 

How exciting, Lily! I don't know. It goes so fast. One day I had a baby, and now I have a 13 year old boy who is almost done with 8th grade. (I think toddlers were easier. 😉 And mine is well-behaved for a teenage boy!).

Yeah, I don't know where my adorable three-year-old boy went, the one who would run and bear-hug me at the back door when I came home from work.

9 hours ago, JamesBrown said:

Yeah, I don't know where my adorable three-year-old boy went, the one who would run and bear-hug me at the back door when I came home from work.

Lol. My adorable "boys" shave.

Luckily, there are grandchildren. My daughter and grandson live with me and we don't plan on changing that. He needs to be surrounded by people who love him to the moon and back. Dad's not in the picture, and while Mom loves him so much, he needs more. Of course, that's just my selfish opinion. lol

Sounds like a good arrangement, Lily! I think grandkids who get to live with or see their grandparents all the time are the luckiest kids ever. 🙂 (In my opinion). I grew up living in Northern Virginia. My grandparents were in New York and Oklahoma. I loved them, but I only got to see them 1-3 times a year (once for Oklahoma when we would visit for a week or two in the summer, and about 3 times a year we would hope the train up to New York since it was closer and cheaper). I never got to get to be as close with them as I wanted, even though I know they loved me and I have wonderful memories of them. The only time I lived close to any of them was after my Grandmother's stroke, when she and Grandpa had to move into a nursing home (he had been in a wheelchair for several years at that point) and they moved into a nursing home 'not' in New York (to save expenses) and I ended up as the closest relative. So I went to visit them regularly (I was in graduate school at that point). 

In contrast, my son and my niblings are very lucky. My parents now live only an hour a way, so my son gets to see them multiple times  a month, and now my brother's family and my parents have all moved in together (my brother's job involves a lot of travel depending on the contract). So it's an even four adults to four grandchildren, and it's a beautiful loving crazy example of proper functioning multi-generational living. 

I agree with you Lady. I never had grandparents, so I wouldn't know from the kid's pov, but he really enjoys coming in my room and visiting with me. I only spoil him a little bit because I'm also kind of a parent to him as well. 

Ryrin, are you feeling better?  I sure hope so. 

Yes, I am. Still have a cough though.

I can’t wait to have grandkids!

Edited by Ryrin

I don't know about grand kids but I sure love having nieces and nephews! 

I hope to have kids one day. Watching my parents become grandparents through my sisters has been wonderful

I can wait a bit before becoming a grandparent. I have a hunch I'm going to end up being a long-distance grandparent who gets to see the grandkids once every five or ten years. That sounds like it would be worse than not being a grandparent at all.