DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How good are the last half of Wheel of Time?

urrutiap

Just recently couple of days ago I went to the Barnes and Noble store when I was out of town and bought the last 14th book for paperback and holy cow its huge for a paperback.  Especially books 12 and 13 besides book 14. 

Its been a long time since I read the first 6 books back in the late 1990s.

Just wondering how good the other last half of the series is?

It's hit or miss, like the fight with Sammael, the cleansing, the battle at the manor etc. are great and then other parts drag. PoD is skippable and I should know, it wasn't on audible right away like the others. Book 12 is mostly Rand and Egwene with cameos by others but note Rand's story is very grim until the end. ToM I think is very good and aMoL is what it is. Overall it's not the ending it could have been but the story went off the rails after LoC. Some people blame Brandon and think the last three are horrible. All in all, it's the best conclusion we could get and those others should stop complaining.

DemFO spoilers!

some books are great, some stories get a little slow at times.

the last books aren’t as consistently good as the first books, but there are still great stories inside the books. The Rand arc may drag a little, but then gets really interesting before the end. Mat has some great chapters and some bad ones. Perrin has lots of development before the end too.

Worth reading.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/5/2019 at 10:19 PM, urrutiap said:

Just recently couple of days ago I went to the Barnes and Noble store when I was out of town and bought the last 14th book for paperback and holy cow its huge for a paperback.  Especially books 12 and 13 besides book 14. 

Its been a long time since I read the first 6 books back in the late 1990s.

Just wondering how good the other last half of the series is?

I would say they are some of the weaker books in the series, except the last 3 and 9. For me anyway.