DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
JamesBrown

Need volunteers for a Warder Event

Greetings,

The Warders will be hosting an event next week featuring...

Mardi Gras!

GettyImages_645726914.0.thumb.jpg.440a70cc4fa0d42266ea44e7b75dae9f.jpg

Looking for helpers and ideas on how to celebrate this iconic annual party.

Get your beads on and join the fun

C'mon, brothers and sisters!  There's an Algai here who's a native New Orleanian, was born and raised there, but is currently parked in Scotland studying.  I'll only be able to manage a cigar Mardi Gras. I want to share this with y'all.

mardi gras GIF

Tonight the streets will be clogged in NOLA with all the parades driving by, the beads, cups, and everything else thrown.  One parade that rolls Thursday throws the occasional shoe.

It can be weird in the weeks coming up.  It starts with everyone baking king cakes. 

Image result for king cAKES

Anyone who gets a baby buried in the king cake has to buy the next king cake.

Then the parades start rolling.  The parades themselves and the costumed parties at houses when people are trying to catch their breath.  And many of these parties have medieval costumes--all of this is medieval, in a way--for reasons I will happily explain.

The scenes where the parades are moving, with everyone shouting for beads and crowded, can look like absolute chaos to the unaccustomed observer.  From a parade float, it can look like anarchy too.  But it's not.

Edinburgh has a busy crowded August, but whenever someone complains to me about it, I just shake my head and smile.

So, ladies and gentlemen, it's Mardi Gras time!  Laissez le bon temps rouler!

mardi gras GIF

Edited by haycraftd