DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Brown Ajah Chocolate week -Recipe thread.

Lethira

Ladies and Gentlemen, 

I bid you welcome to this little slice of heaven.  Grab hold of your pens, pencils and a napkin to wipe away that little bit of drool as we share recipes for that holiest of grails of the food world.  Wonder and marvel as we gather together to share all the wondrous ways in which we can weave this most choice of ingredients into a marvellous symphony for the tongue.  Remember, such weaves should not be closely guarded secrets, they should light the skies like a night flower.

Do not be shy, share with us your deepest secrets of culinary  creation, bring us pictures so our eyes can anticipate the tastes of epic proportions.  Let us celebrate together.

Richard Nixon is known for saying, "I'm not a crook."  Well, I'm not a cook. :smile:

Never been able to quite do it.  My mother has a recipe for chocolate brownies, though, that all four of her sons gobble up as soon as they're out.  We practically run for it.  I don't have it with me, but it's delicious.  

We tried a new thing with rice crispie treats recently.

we made a double batch starting with the recipe on the box.

melted 2 bags mini marshmallows with 1/4 cup butter over a double boiler. Added an extra tablespoon butter, about 1/4 cup golden syrup, a teaspoon vanilla and a half teaspoon peppermint extract.

combined, over the double boiler, with 6 cups plain rice crispiest and 6 cups cocoa pebbles. Stirred in a bag of mini chocolate chips and about 1-1/2 cups crushed peppermint candy (like candy canes, leftover from Christmas brownies).

spread into parchment paper lined large pan (whole pan, something like a double standard pan, but use any pan you like) with oiled hands.

cooled in fridge, cut in squares.

omg the noms. 

We made this...maybe last year? And they were terrifric. We got the recipe from the bbc good food website.

Ingredients

Method

1. Heat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5. Line a 30cm/12in square tin with baking parchment.

2. Melt the butter and the chocolate together very gently.

3. Mix the cocoa with the flour and the sugar and, off the heat, mix this mixture into the butter and chocolate. Mix in the eggs and fold in the marshmallows.

4. Turn the brownie mixture into the tin and bake in the oven until the surface has set but still feels squidgy underneath. This will take about 20 minutes. Allow to cool and slice.

marshmallowbrownies_8128_16x9.jpg

(picture and text are taken from website).

They were actually so chewy and soft and delicious, my very favourite type of brownie.

I have not had rice crispy cakes in years, I need to get on and make some.  I personally prefer cornflake cakes, great to cook with small ones.

• Melt the butter, chocolate and golden syrup in a small saucepan over a low heat. Remove and cool for 5 minutes.
  • Put 24 cupcake cases into muffin tins, or on a baking tray.
  • Then, stir the cornflakes into the mixture, and spoon into the cupcake cases. Allow to set and then serve.

20 hours ago, blank said:

We made this...maybe last year? And they were terrifric. We got the recipe from the bbc good food website.

Ingredients

Method

1. Heat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5. Line a 30cm/12in square tin with baking parchment.

2. Melt the butter and the chocolate together very gently.

3. Mix the cocoa with the flour and the sugar and, off the heat, mix this mixture into the butter and chocolate. Mix in the eggs and fold in the marshmallows.

4. Turn the brownie mixture into the tin and bake in the oven until the surface has set but still feels squidgy underneath. This will take about 20 minutes. Allow to cool and slice.

marshmallowbrownies_8128_16x9.jpg

(picture and text are taken from website).

They were actually so chewy and soft and delicious, my very favourite type of brownie.

Oh lordy that looks good!

On 2/12/2019 at 9:32 AM, Lethira said:

I have not had rice crispy cakes in years, I need to get on and make some.  I personally prefer cornflake cakes, great to cook with small ones.

I'm on team rice crispy because I find them easier to eat - am such a child haha. 

These have been on my to bake list for ages, I love love love scones

Ingredients

1. Preheat the oven to 210C/400F/Gas 6. Lightly butter two baking trays.

2. Sift the flour into a bowl. Rub in the butter using your hands until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar, chocolate drops and orange zest.

3. In a measuring jug, mix the milk with the juice of one orange. Add to the flour mixture gradually until the dough just comes together. You may not need all the liquid. Be careful not to overwork the scone dough.

4. Roll out the dough to approximately 2cm/1in thickness and cut out scones using a 5-6cm/2-2½in cutter.

5. Transfer the scones to the buttered baking trays, brush the tops with milk and bake in the centre of the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until risen and golden-brown.

6. Remove from the oven and cool on wire rack. Serve with clotted cream and satsumas.

Chocolate and orange scones

Oh, the savour.

Raymond Blancs chocolate mousse for when you want to feel sophisticated.

Ingredients

For the chocolate mousse

Method

1. Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water (do not allow the base of the bowl to touch the water).

2. Whisk the egg whites and lemon juice in a large, clean bowl until they form soft peaks. The lemon juice will stabilise the egg whites, make them easier to work with and help to prevent over-whisking.

3. Add the sugar and continue to whisk until firm peaks form when the whisk is removed. Do not whisk beyond this stage - the egg whites will start to collapse and separate into dry froth and runny liquid, and you'll lose all the air that you've whisked in.

4. When the chocolate has melted, remove the bowl from the heat. Whisk one-third of the egg whites into the hot chocolate quickly and vigorously, until thick and well combined - if you add the egg whites in too slowly, their cold temperature can make the hot chocolate seize, solidify and result in a lumpy mousse.

5. Fold the remaining egg whites into the chocolate mixture, using a spatula, until all of the egg white has been completely incorporated into the chocolate. Don't overmix at this stage as you'll knock out the air bubbles and the mousse will be dense.

6. Spoon the mousse mixture into four Martini glasses. Chill in the fridge for 2-3 hours, or until set.

7. Alternatively, use the mousse to make a hot chocolate soup. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Divide the mousse among four small ovenproof pudding bowls or ramekins. Place the pudding bowls into the oven and bake the chocolate mousses for 3-5 minutes, or until puffed slightly and warmed through.

Edited by Lethira

7 hours ago, Elgee said:

O_O ... recipe, pwease??

Pretty simple.

1 can (13.4 oz) Dulce de Leche

2 Tbsps butter

1 1/2 cups finely crushed chocolate wafer cookies

3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut

In a large saucepan, combine the dulce de leche and butter and bring to a gentle boil, stirring. Remove from heat and let cool for ten minutes. Add crushed cookies and mix well. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Roll heaping teaspoons of the mixture into balls, roll in the coconut, and refrigerate until firm. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.

• Elgee locked this topic