DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Elyas, first meeting, behavior

jsbrads

My psychology professor used to go into the wilderness for weeks at a time. Being away from people for long period of times impacts their ability to communicate. Ranchers and farmers who live alone are uncomfortable around people (see Smarter Everyday Eclipse video).

Perhaps Elyas interaction with the wolves offset the influence of being alone, but I think it is more likely RJ didn’t think of checking up on how a person like Elyas should act.

I would say the effects of isolation vary from person to person.

Regardless Elyas seemed to be a very awkward person to me who was not totally comfortable with interacting with these people.

He also does not seem to be THAT isolated, the Tinkers know him well in that caravan, and what are the odds that is the only caravan he knows anyone at?

He knows them, but he doesn’t like staying with them, he lives where there are no people for miles and miles. So when these people are nearby he visits, but my Prof lives in NYC all year long and goes on 2 week vacay. And the farmer. People are different, but they are also the same.