DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

am i miss remembering something

pitchblackfox

Hello

i'm re-reading the series after finishing it ~2 years ago and i'm halfway through the great hunt, problem is i'm sure i remember a scene in one of the books(i think the 1st) where the 3 Ta'veren are fishing from a river and are proud of their small catch only for Moirine to use the one power to pull several straight out of the water amazing the boys. problem is I've just finished the 1st book again and there's nowhere this could have happened as they are always on the run until they separate & I can't see the boys being amazed by this after the 1st book especially as Rand is channeling by the end of tEotW

I know its not a big issue but its doing my head in, if anyone can help or remember the scene i'm thinking of that would be a great help

(pic unrelated - Battle of the Tarendrelle)

Battle of the Tarendrelle - Wheel of Time.JPG

That scene is in the Dragon Reborn chapter 7.  Moiraine, Lan, Perrin and Loial are chasing Rand across the south as he heads for Tear.  It is only Loial and Perrin that had been fishing:   

"Once, three days after setting out, Moiraine joined them, stretching herself out on the streamside and undoing rows of pearl buttons to roll up her sleeves as she asked how the thing was done. Perrin exchanged surprised looks with Loial. The Ogier shrugged.
“It is not that hard, really,” Perrin told her. “Just bring your hand up from behind the fish, and underneath, as if you’re trying to tickle its belly. Then you pull it out. It takes practice, though. You might not catch anything the first few times you try.”"

One source you might use (but wouldn't have helped with this question because it isn't included in the chapter summary): http://www.encyclopaedia-wot.org/

Edited by 2RiversFan
mistakenly wrote 'seen' instead of 'scene'

There is no proof but I have always suspected she did.  I mean Lan and her have been exploring the world a lot for the past ten or so years and I'm sure Lan taught her stuff while they were camping during their travels.  But the fact she did it so easy and got such large fish always made me suspicious.

Edited by Sabio