DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Sign in to follow this  
Mashiara Sedai

DM News:Meme Monday: WoT

As a millennial, I love memes.  Give me Wheel of Time memes and I'm as happy as can be.  With a plethora of social media sights to cruise, you can find just about anything in meme form.  So starts our new humor blog "Meme Monday."

12993539_10209378319003621_4713865912253054567_n.jpg

This one particularly speaks to me because my mom just started reading Wheel of Time.  She finished The Eye of the World a few days ago and started The Great Hunt the same day.  When we talk, she asks me questions about characters or places and I feel like this.  It's too deep to answer a lot of what she wants to know without spending hours on the phone.

18921721_10213437758727077_1729347683754493450_n.jpg

I feel this thinking about the TV show.  Which plots to cut, which characters to combine?  Too overwhelming for me to contemplate.

18951128_10213437766807279_4049390133357868513_n.jpg

Yes!  Meeting Wheel of Time fans in the wild is an amazing experience!  I get to quite frequently because my licence plate says "Sedai."  Also, I've been stopped by several people while wearing my Wheel of Time hoodie from Ta'veren Tees.  It's like a beacon for nerds.

The memes this week come from Kevin O'Bryan of DMEN Designs.  If you have memes you want to share, email me at frontpage@dragonmount.com

View full news item

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• I think the sharans were a victim of RJ spending too much time on stuff that went nowhere, like Luca or took too long to wrap, faile's rescue. Don't get me wrong, I listened to the whole story cover to cover so to speak because story as a whole made up for the less than stellar parts. In this regard I think Brandon gets unfairly blamed by some when he had no control over the first 11 books. E.g. the Sharans should've been introduced in FOH or something and not as a Deus Ex Machina bad guy army.
    • "I'm sure a lot of this equipment can be downgraded, and added body-cams with minimal cost."   Well dash board cams or such might be doable but what do you mean by "Downdgrading the equipment?       "From an Evidentiary stand point, maybe court cases will become expedited through the use of body-cams, without necessitating every cop involved come in and testify."   Never going to happen. First, the cop is required to testify as to chain of possession of the video. Second the video itself is never enough evidence. both the prosecutor and the defense will want to question the officer as to why things occured as they are pictured on the video, about things that occured but were not picked up on the video and to explain whether his actions depicted on the video were within his understanding of departmental policy and the requirements of the law.     "Hell, adding new/better software, could help Cops write their reports in a fraction of the time... Which could help those who are barely literate. "   Likely not a good idea. You want the reports based on the officers recollection and notes. The videos are helpful to determine discrepencies in the officer's reports in cases where such become an issue. By allowing the officer to veiw the video and then right his report you likely would be permitting officers to talyor the reports to explain away many issues that the videos might bring into focus.     
    • Rather quietly, with a niece and nephew each from different sibs.