DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Ryrin

What Are You Watching?

Hugsd68.gif?1

ocvKAZI.jpg?1

Bird Box is causing a lot of buzz, but it doesn't appeal to me. 

I've been re-watching the Band of Brothers mini-series.

Also, I'm pleased to see that on Netflix they've dropped a new batch of episodes of A Series of Unfortunate Events. Neil Patrick Harris is simply a thespian genius.

I loved Bird Box because it’s horror/suspense without the gore, plus I like some things left unresolved.

Is the Band of Brothers on Netflix?

I watched a movie on YouTube titled “The Trench.” Obviously, it’s about WWI. I’m become more interested in that war. I was surprised the whole movie was on YouTube.

Showmax ... lol ... local service.

Edited by Elgee

3 hours ago, Elgee said:

Showmax ... lol ... local service.

So, what are you watching?

My son watched about 20 minutes of Bird Box and is hooked. He's going to watch it with his girlfriend in a few.

20 hours ago, Ryrin said:

So, what are you watching?

I've been binge watching (or should I say re-watching) Grey's Anatomy. Started over from Season 1 ... they were all so young and pretty! I'd given up on it somewhere in Season 11 when it just got too dark and depressing, but I caught a few snippets of Season 13, which seemed better so I decided to start over. It's fun! Also addicting, this whole binge watching thing.

I like having whole season's available to watch. I watch Supernatural and got a friend hooked. I liked the early X-Files too, plus Ghost Whisperer, although those two are no longer on Netflix.

When my older son was little, he loved "I Love Lucy."

On 1/2/2019 at 11:27 AM, Ryrin said:

Is the Band of Brothers on Netflix?

Band of Brothers isn't available for streaming on Netflix, although they can mail the DVDs to you if you have their DVD plan.

18 hours ago, JamesBrown said:

Band of Brothers isn't available for streaming on Netflix, although they can mail the DVDs to you if you have their DVD plan.

Where are you watching it?

17 hours ago, Dar'Jen Ab Owain said:

I'm a huge Supernatural fan, so watching that on Netflix along with Red Versus Blue.

A fellow Supernatural fan! I like to wait until the whole season comes out on Netflix.

There is a show on Amazon Prime that I want to watch. It's about WWI and it's titled "Journey's End."

I have Hulu but really haven't watched anything there yet.

19 minutes ago, Ryrin said:

Where are you watching it?

My local library has the Band of Brothers series on DVD, so my son and I have been watching those. Since he's going into Airborne Infantry Training this year, he's been eating up anything he can about that outfit. 

I like the DVDs because they have a lot of extras about Easy Company. Maps, command structure, brief bios of the key players. Interesting stuff.

But man, the battle scenes are breathtaking.

That’s so exciting for him. My friend’s son just got out and he was in airborne. He’s now going to college in NC.

I really need to watch that.

I want to watch "manifest" on youtube, but when I go to the season 1 episode 1 video after about 5 minutes it directs you to a page where you have to put your cc in and pay month by month.  Youtube should be free and its not even a youtube company.  I also saw that many of the videos were deleted that did that but they keep putting them up.  Any suggestions?

4 hours ago, Ryrin said:

That’s so exciting for him. My friend’s son just got out and he was in airborne. He’s now going to college in NC.

I really need to watch that.

I presume he did his Airborne Training in Fort Bening, GA?

My son got lucky, in that there's only one Airborne Unit in the Texas National Guard. Theoretically, he could have had to report for his weekend drill duty somewhere in Texas, as much as a nine or ten hour drive away. But the unit is stationed in a small town just a fifteen-minute drive from our home.

There is a new movie coming to Netflix with Ben Affleck. I can't wait to watch it.

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/03/triple-frontier-review-netflix-oscar-isaac-1202048918/

Most of the theaters here are packed with people wanting to see Captain Marvel. I hope anyone who has seen it will share their review with us.

it was good. solid marvel movie. at times it felt a little like chemistry was still building but its the first in a series so thats expected. all the stupid hate it's gotten is thoroughly undeserved. it's got a solid message and sets up the character great. by the end you know what kind of person she is, you know her power, you know a heck of a lot and thanos is in some serious trouble come april. 

Lucifer Season 4 is coming to Netflix on 5/8. The series is based on a comic book. It's not animated. Crime fighting, celestial, and comedy all rolled into one. The previous seasons are also on Netflix. 

I just started watching Lucifer. I got hooked on the first episode. I don't binge watch. I usually only have time for one episode at a time, so I'll be a while catching up.

It reminds me of Castle, which was one of my favorite shows. 

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 3:31 PM, Wildfire Sedai said:

I want to watch "manifest" on youtube, but when I go to the season 1 episode 1 video after about 5 minutes it directs you to a page where you have to put your cc in and pay month by month.  Youtube should be free and its not even a youtube company.  I also saw that many of the videos were deleted that did that but they keep putting them up.  Any suggestions?

I'm watching it on Hulu. Right around Thanksgiving they had a special. 99 cents a month for a year.

Edited by Ryrin

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 6:46 AM, LilyElizabeth said:

I just started watching Lucifer. I got hooked on the first episode. I don't binge watch. I usually only have time for one episode at a time, so I'll be a while catching up.

It reminds me of Castle, which was one of my favorite shows. 

I binged watched Season 4 in 24 hours. You are in for a treat.

I watched season one of Knight Fall on Netflix. It's on the history channel. I'm waiting for season 2 to be loaded up, but sadly, I've been reading there may not be a season 3 due to low ratings.

On to Supernatural season 14. Season 15 next year will be the last.

Criminal Minds will also end next year after 15 seasons.

My wife and I just started Season One of Doc Martin.

She thought it would be a procedural murder mystery show, but it's not. Just slice-of-life goings-on in a seaside resort town in England, featuring a newcomer doctor to serve as GP (despite his recent development of a fear of blood) surrounded by what appears to be one blooming idiot after another. The doctor is anti-social himself, so he's mostly seething all the time, and everyone else is either tiptoeing around him or wishing he'd bollocks off.

I didn't think I would care for it, but then I quickly developed a crush on Caroline Catz, so now I'm quite sure I won't miss an episode.