DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A couple of questions

Lord English

It has been over 2 years since I finished the final book so I've, naturally, forgotten a lot of things (other than the god awful ending (IMO)). My question is, in which book/s and chapters does the fight between Perrin and Slayer take place? That is, the fight where, at one point, they are trading blows whilst among the spectral figures of the Aiel who are defending Rand (I think).

Also, is there any art of the characters within the books that is generally agreed upon by fans to be correct and/or considered canon?

The reason for my questions is that I am looking to start a new Blender project and I figured the Perrin vs Slayer fight would be something well worth doing. 

On 1/2/2019 at 10:06 PM, Lord English said:

Soooo....Is there any official/canonical art? Also, do we have any specific details on Perrin & Slayer e.g. height, weight, etcetera

I don't know if it helps any, but Slayer would look similar to either Rand or Lan, depending on which form he's in (Luc or Isam). So they could be used as a starting point if you have anything for either of those? I tend to picture Lan as looking like a younger and more built version of Ken Watanabe's character in The Last Samurai, but that's just headcanon.

For Perrin, being a blacksmith, you'll want to have huge, broad shoulders and very muscular arms as a starting point.

I appreciate this probably isn't particularly helpful, tho.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2019 at 10:46 AM, Lord English said:

No, that definitely does help. I obviously know about Perrin's build but do we have a rough idea of his height? Is it comparable to Rand for example? 

I don't suppose you happen to know who Slayer looks like when in the wolf dream? 

In the wolf dream he is Isam, who is Lan's cousin...  I believe Nynaeve sees him in Tel'Aran'Rhiod early on and mistakes him for Lan for just a second, and when Perrin encounters him he thinks he could be Lan's brother.

The companion has Perin at 6'1 and 235 pounds.  

As for Slayer it depends on what persona he had taken at the time Luc or Isam.  It was the Isam persona Perin fought in the dreamworld while in the Two Rivers and the Luc persona who rode out of town wounded.  I think mostly when Perin saw him in the dreamworld he was in the Isam persona since Isam I believe was the hunter side of Slayer and enjoyed the killing wolves.  But in the real world or dream world he had the ability to look like either persona. Nyn, Elayne, and Egwene caught Luc spying on them in the dream world and thought he looked like Rand's uncle.  When Nyn saw him he was in the Isam persona.

Luc is a tall broad shoulder man in his middle years with a hard angular face, blue eyes, dark reddish hair with white wings at the temple.  There is no description of Isam in the companion.

Edited by Sabio

Excellent posts guys, it has definitely helped establish a look for Slayer/Isam.

And thank you very much Sabio for the exact height as all I had for Perrin was in 'spans' and 'feet' which I have no idea how to convert. I know the conversions were in the back of some of the books but I no longer have them. 

I've almost finished designing Perrin and. I'll post a picture here when it's ready. Hopefully it'll meet with approval!