DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Elgee

Roll Call for January 2019 - so we can know who's here!

Who would make a better leader for Earth than the current politicians we have:  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who would make a better leader for Earth than the current politicians we have:

• Royalty
    • Aes Sedai
    • Asha'man
    • Tinkers
    • Aiel
    • Seanchan
    • Seafolk
    • Darkfriends
    • Bela
    • No-one. Our current system is just fine.

Posted (edited)

Please post once with your full DM name and rank and answer the Poll question:

Edited by Elgee

Cairos - Gray Sittee and first person to sign in!

i think Aes Sedai because they are awesome! 

Daruya - Aes Sedai, Keeper Raised from the Blue Ajah

I'll have to think about it. I'm too tired after working around the house ALL DAY yesterday and having a houseful of young men (friends of my boys) over all night last night.

Kathleen, Aes Sedai of the Green Ajah.

I don't discuss politics online (hahahaha...I actually just would talk this topic to death in debate and not really be able to settle on one).

JamesBrown, Der'Manshima.

Each has positives and negatives. I'm inclined to think we're still in the trial-and-error phase of learning who makes good leadership. We seem to collectively agree that royals (beyond ceremonial status) haven't been working.

Dar'Jen Ab Owain, Aes Sedai of the Green Ajah.

I will say Aes Sedai. The level of training they receive and they are supposed to be "servants of all".

Posted (edited)

Haycraftd--Algai.

I would go for Bela-the Aes Sedai say they're servants, but they're anything but--they interfere WAAY to much.  I understood why people were afraid of them.  They called themselves "servants"--well, so does just about any politician in the world.  Same with royalty--Elayne was one of the very few royals who seemed to care and she wasn't the best queen out there--she barely hung on to the crown.  The Tinkers and Aiel  have waaay too strict ideologies--when the Tinkers kick out those who fight and the Aiel are still in their tents.  They can't adapt--fine warriors, sure, but adapting to the land they're in, no. That goes for the Sea Folk too.

The Seanchan did adapt and were one of the best empires, it seems.  The common people liked them.  The empire enslaved people, though--those da'covale and worse, damane.   I'd rather slavery remain illegal these days.      

The Asha'man hadn't figured everything out yet by the end of it all.  Darkfriends didn't know each other.  Those two were one of the few ones who were merit-based people, though.  ?

(Who knows, we mismanage everything so well that the Darkfriends actively working for evil might bring quite a bit of good. ?)

Our world has gone insane--I think just about everyone can agree on that, although we might disagree on who, exactly, is more insane.

So, yup--that leaves Bela!

Edited by haycraftd

Songstress ~ Blue Aes Sedai

*runs away from responsibility*  You can't make me be in charge!

cross - brown aes sedai

aes sedai, there's a level and commitment to service that i think any leader NEEDS to have. 

Ryrin, Captain General, Green Ajah

Kukasö, White Aes Sedai

Of course, Aes Sedai! (Are we at the White Tower or not?)

Sunrise Lord - Aes Sedai - Yellow Ajah

Bela.  Cause even a horse could do better than the Aelfinn (aka snake people) we have now.

21 hours ago, JamesBrown said:

JamesBrown, Der'Manshima.

We seem to collectively agree that royals (beyond ceremonial status) haven't been working. 

No we don't.

I, for one, completely disagree with that statement. Not that I want to make this a political debate (I'm reasonably sure everyone should be able to understand that the poll is a light hearted game), I just don't want anyone making assumptions on behalf of others.

I still love you lots, though, James *grins*

31 minutes ago, Elgee said:

No we don't.

I, for one, completely disagree with that statement. Not that I want to make this a political debate (I'm reasonably sure everyone should be able to understand that the poll is a light hearted game), I just don't want anyone making assumptions on behalf of others.

I still love you lots, though, James *grins*

Thanks, Elgee. When I said, "We" I merely meant humanity, not our close-knit group here at DM. "Divine Right of Kings" doesn't have the same force as it used to, and it seems that far fewer countries put up with rule by royalty like we used to.

But I agree--I argue politics plenty enough without dragging it into here--my little oasis. So I'll not press any further.

Posted (edited)

Arie, Yellow Sedai.

Year(s) of the Woman, Yo. That and I'm officially an AS Elitist (for today).

Edited by Arie

Blank

Aes Sedai

Brown Ajah