DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I Need Game Advice [time sensitive]

Krakalakachkn

So it's been a long time since I've bought new video games (outside a terribly misguided decision to pre-order Fallout 76), and I've decided to clean up on Microsoft's EOTY games sale (only 8 days left).  There are a ton of games and game bundles available (and many are definitive/ultimate editions) and these are the ones that caught my eye.  I already picked up some games that I've heard about for years but never pulled the trigger on.  So far Tomb Raider is dope. 

(Prices are in parenthesis and based on if you have a gold membership)

What I've Bought

- Tomb Raider ($6)

- Rise of the Tomb Raider ($12)

- Child of Light

- Diablo 3 ($20)

- Ori and the Blind Forest ($10)

- Fe ($5)

What I'm Going to Buy

- Limbo ($2.50)

- Dragon Age Inquisition ($10)

What I'm on the Fence About

- Bioshock Collection ($15)

- Titanfall 2 ($6)

- Metal Gear Solid V ($15)

- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided ($7)

- Gears of War 4 ($10)

- Inside ($10)

- Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor ($8)

- Okami HD ($14)

Could Be Talked Into Buying

- Wolfenstein II ($20)

- Dishonored 2 ($13)

- Destiny 2 ($30)

- Batman Arkham Collection (Asylum/City/Knight $15)

- Bastion ($4)

- Injustice 2 ($18)

- What Remains of Edith Finch ($10)

So I'm looking for any and all advice/reviews/info on any of these games (or any others offered on the sale).

@Nolder@SinisterDeath@TheSociopath@Andrej

Edited by Krakalakachkn

I don't actually know very much about any of the titles in particular, but I've heard good things about the following:

Gears of war

Shadow of Mordor

Ori and the blind Forest

Diablo

Dishonored

I've heard al lot of conflicting things about Destiny 2 with a slight edge to negative, I think

I haven't seen anything of Injustice to differentiate it from any other title in the genre, unless you're a big fan of DC.

Edited by TheSociopath

I’m not much of a gamer anymore tbh. I have an old 360 and two games that I ever play anymore, which is rare.

I’ve heard the Arkham series is pretty good though. Gears of War is a good shooter game not named COD, and more in the Overwatch vein.

• Community Administrator
17 hours ago, Krakalakachkn said:

- Bioware Bundle (Mass Effect Andromeda/Dragon Age Inquisition $15)

I've heard bad about Andromeda, but I don't know how much of that is, it's actually a bad game, versus over-hyped fanboi burnout.

DA: Inquisition is... playable? $7.50 each might be still be a little high for Both. I probably wouldn't pay more than $5 for DA:I.. But that's all in how you look at it.

Though remember, there is a new DA on the horizon, so if you've followed the previous games, there is pertinent plot in that last one that's going to come up in the upcoming game... It kind of focuses a lot on the big bad guy in Inquisition...

- Titanfall 2 ($6)

- Dishonored 2 ($13)

I haven't played either.. I want to say I've heard decent things about them.

After what Konami did to Hideo? I'm never buying another MGS again.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

I enjoyed it. But it has replayability. If this were physical console? Go for it, can always get a $1 back when your done. lol

- Gears of War 4 ($10)

I haven't played either. Never followed GoW. I've heard phenomenal stuff about Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor. I dunno how much replayability is in it (if that's a factor for you), or how long a single run through is.

- Wolfenstein II ($20)

For classic shooter experience, I've herad great things about Wolfenstein 2. Though I'd probably hold out for $10.

Bioshock Collection? Is that all of them? Great price! Probably worth it to playthrough them all, specially if you never played any of them before!

Batman Arkham Collection? Nice price! 

If you haven't already played all of them, that would be a must buy. Lots of gameplay out of each game, sure you can rush through it in 5 hours, but the trophy hunt is real in that game.

Also

Diablo 3 Eternal Collection ($20)

You don't already own it on pc or another console?

• Community Administrator
10 hours ago, Krakalakachkn said:

I played Diablo 2 years ago on a computer and loved it.  Friggin loved it.  However, haven't played 3 and my computer is a piece of shite with no plans to improve in the near future.

Ah okay.

If you already owned it, buying it again on console is.. uh. eww?

But since it's the first time? You'll get hours of gameplay out of that. And every new season will probably bring you back from time to time.

On 12/26/2018 at 6:01 PM, Krakalakachkn said:

So it's been a long time since I've bought new video games (outside a terribly misguided decision to pre-order Fallout 76), and I've decided to clean up on Microsoft's EOTY games sale (only 8 days left).  There are a ton of games and game bundles available (and many are definitive/ultimate editions) and these are the ones that caught my eye.  I already picked up some games that I've heard about for years but never pulled the trigger on.  So far Tomb Raider is dope. 

(Prices are in parenthesis and based on if you have a gold membership)

What I've Bought

- Tomb Raider ($6)

- Rise of the Tomb Raider ($12)

- Child of Light

- Diablo 3 ($20)

- Ori and the Blind Forest ($10)

- Fe ($5)

What I'm Going to Buy

- Limbo ($2.50)

I didn't like Limbo and imho I'd rather have 2.50 in my pocket.

- Dragon Age Inquisition ($10)

What I'm on the Fence About

Great deal almost picked this up myself, highly recommend if you've never played them.

- Titanfall 2 ($6)

- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided ($7)

- Gears of War 4 ($10)

- Inside ($10)

- Okami HD ($14)

Could Be Talked Into Buying

- Wolfenstein II ($20)

- Dishonored 2 ($13)

- Destiny 2 ($30)

- Bastion ($4)

- Injustice 2 ($18)

- What Remains of Edith Finch ($10)

So I'm looking for any and all advice/reviews/info on any of these games (or any others offered on the sale).

@Nolder@SinisterDeath@TheSociopath@Andrej

I almost got the witcher 3 complete edition for 20 bucks as well but I ended up splurging and bought red dead 2 instead. Still witche r is also a good deal if you're into i t.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished Tomb Raider and loved it.  Started the second one and so far so good. For the most part I like the changes they made wrt crafting and resources.  It's nice not to just have crazy access to arrows and ammo.  

Diablo 3 is cool but nowhere near as dark as I remember it being in high school.  Probably just sheer desensitization.